User Avatar Image

Tycho's future with Telltale

posted by OttersPod on - last edited - Viewed by 323 users

Since Tycho appears in this, with a character model and everything, does this mean that he might show up in other Telltale games? Or is this just a one-shot deal?

And, if he does end up in another Telltale title, will we be seeing other PA characters, like Gabe, Charles, Annarchy, etc.?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @OttersPod said: Since Tycho appears in this, with a character model and everything, does this mean that he might show up in other Telltale games? Or is this just a one-shot deal?

    And, if he does end up in another Telltale title, will we be seeing other PA characters, like Gabe, Charles, Annarchy, etc.?



    This could be a bit of a experiment with Tycho. I wouldn't be surprised if Telltale wanted to pick up a series of Penny Arcade games.

  • I bet 10 dollars he appears in murder at the inventory.

  • @koiboi59 said: I bet 10 dollars he appears in murder at the inventory.



    Murder at the inventory was never announced. Just thought of by telltale forum users.

  • I would throw all my money at everyone if Telltale decided to finish off On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

    Starting a new series all together would probably work out better though.

  • It's definitely possible, but I sort of doubt it since Telltale's trying to be taken more seriously as a developer.

    Do you remember the trailer they had to announce their deal with Universal? They showed off clips from Sam and Max, TOMI, Wallace and Gromit, and even CSI...but no Strong Bad. I'm not sure why there was no mention of SBCG4AP, but if I was to wager a guess it's that developing a game based on a Web cartoon, even one as popular as Homestar Runner, doesn't look good on a game developer's resume. Even though Penny Arcade is about as mainstream as an Internet work can get, it'd probably have the same sort of perceived effect on Telltale's reputation.

    I'd love if a Penny Arcade game happened, though. But what could it be about? (I'm assuming it wouldn't be a continuation of On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.)

  • A Penny Arcade point-n'-click game would involve arguing whether blue is a flavor or not.

  • @Gman5852 said: Murder at the inventory was never announced. Just thought of by telltale forum users.



    i know, but i have a good feeling that if poker night is a hit then murder at the inventory will be next, or at least 5th. I mean that make a scene was practically just like it.

  • I'm sure a few people know what PAX is Penny Arcade is a bit more well known even if you don't read the comics.

  • @adventureaddict said: I would throw all my money at everyone if Telltale decided to finish off On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

    Starting a new series all together would probably work out better though.



    Agreed. Even if they decided to finish RSPD, they'd have to re-do Tycho's model almost completely (It's not bad, but it looks more like good fanart than Krahulik-style Tycho), and, since it's a company that seems to lean more toward 3D than 2D gaming (but I could be wrong; Poker Night is my first foray into Telltale's games), it probably wouldn't have the pretty cutscenes that the first two episodes had, which would lead to the inevitable whining and complaining from the fans...who whine and complain no matter what happens, really.

    But about Telltale going for more of a serious approach, Penny Arcade does have the potential to be pretty serious and BA when it comes to story-telling. I mean, there's the Cardboard Tube Samurai, and even some of the Precipice chapters get pretty intense.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: but if I was to wager a guess it's that developing a game based on a Web cartoon, even one as popular as Homestar Runner, doesn't look good on a game developer's resume.


    As a game developer myself, I have to disagree at least somewhat. Any game looks good on a resume if it's a good game. There was probably some other reason.

Add Comment