User Avatar Image

ToMI on Steam: This game is currently unavailable

posted by fragoso on - last edited - Viewed by 764 users

Ive downloaded MI complete pack trough steam and played the whole Chapter 1 with no problems at all. Now Ive downloaded Chapter2 but it wont launch. It keeps saying this game is currently unavailable, please try again at another time. Ive tried downloading it again, and fixing the cache thing with no success. I dont think is anything related to drives or directx cause I can still run Chapter1. Help please!

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@fragoso said: But anyways, why does the episode one works and from episode 2 beyond it doesnt? It doesnt make much sense since the requirements are the same. Im thinking maybe its something with steam.

Did you follow the first link i posted?

• Yes, that was the first thing I did before posting here.
    Maybe I should try steam's forums.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@fragoso said: Yes, that was the first thing I did before posting here.
    Maybe I should try steam's forums.

Which of the steps mentioned there did you try already?

• From steam I tried already Initial Troubleshooting Steps from 1 to 7, Data Execution Prevention and Secondary Installers. Pretty much everything they suggest, except for the Mac OS steps.

From what you said I downloaded the latest video driver avaiable at acer website, and the realtek driver you suggested. Also Ive tried using Mobility Modder, but it didnt work properly.
    My directX is said to be up to date.

All i have left to do is windows sp3, will try it soon.

Still I cant get why ep1 works and all the others dont. Does it make any sense?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@fragoso said: All i have left to do is windows sp3, will try it soon.

Still I cant get why ep1 works and all the others dont. Does it make any sense?

Let's see if SP3 does anything.

Episode 1 was updated later with the voices of Earl Boen. They might have used a later engine version there, but that's really guessed.

One more thing. I don't know if it's relevant for the steam episodes, but is your internet explorer up to date?

Do episodes 3-5 start?

• Ep 3-5 also not running!

I left the sp3 installing, will check it when Im back home. My internet explorer is probably not up to date. Will check it also.

Will post updates later today when im back home.

Thanks for your help so far btw!

• So, sp3 installed and internet explorer up to date, ep2-5 still not working :confused:

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I was away for the weekend.

I am running out of ideas. Last thing i can think of is a conflict with some (Security) Software. You can try a clean boot to see if it helps.

I also changed the thread title, so others who might be able to help can see what it's about right away.

I just found out that there was a similar Issue with Sam&Max once. But that seemed to have affected multiple users, so it might be a bit different.

Booting clean in Windows XP:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
    4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
    5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    6. Click on the Services tab
    7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
    8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
    6. Click OK
    7. Click Restart
    8. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click OK
    4. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post

• That's Steam for you.

You probably want to contact Valve regards this, since it's their issue, they might find a way to solve it for/with you...

• Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

Add Comment