User Avatar Image

TTG purchase -> Steam

posted by Ninja on - last edited - Viewed by 327 users

This morning I woke up and saw my Telltale games purchase of Poker Night as a Steam game. I assume this is the same deal that happened with the Devil's Playhouse thing as well.

Has anyone else had this too?

Sorry if this is old news.

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: It definitely is, because there's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts.

There's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts what? Spit it out, man! I've got to know!

• @Jake said: There's no other way your Steam and Telltale accounts what? Spit it out, man! I've got to know!

CAN BE LINKED!

• @Bunnyman said: I hope this is full game access on steam. I prefer to buy from Telltale but I love the convenience of steam. It's just so easy to install/uninstall in the same client. Having The Devil's Playhouse episodes appear on steam was nice.

Speaking of, The City That Dares Not Sleep doesn't have a 'grid view' image, and it and Beyond the Alley of the Dolls don't have a 'list view' image. Telltale needs to get onto Valve to fix that.

I faind harder to use steam, i just bougth TF1, TF2 and way not the special editions of monkey Island,lol and is taking like forever to download the games,offcourse, maybe the reazon of way I faind it so hard is because im new on it xD, I just wish i didnt did it the wrong way :(.

• @Bunnyman said: Go ahead and put in the code. Hopefully it will stay in our game lists. And you should get the hat later if you ever decide to get TF2.
    (At least that worked in the past when I gifted my brother the L4D2 before it was released and he bought TF2 a month later and still got Bill's Hat.)

Agreed. It worked for me and the code for the Devil's Playhouse. I wasn't expecting to buy TF2, but when I finally did about 5 months later, the first thing I came across was a nice Max hat!

• Nice! I wasn't even going to enter the code, thanks for the thread.

I pre-ordered Sam N Max Season, The Devil's playhouse, but I don't remember getting an unlock code for a TF2 unlock. Is there an activation link to obtain my code just like there was for this?

• @The Big z said: Nice! I wasn't even going to enter the code, thanks for the thread.

I pre-ordered Sam N Max Season, The Devil's playhouse, but I don't remember getting an unlock code for a TF2 unlock. Is there an activation link to obtain my code just like there was for this?

Yes there is, here.

• @Rather Dashing said: Yes there is, here.

Much thanks.

• Confirmed for me too... Not that there was still any doubt left :P

I suspected this would happen from the beginning. TTG's comments that "there are no plans to add a Telltale store bought game to Steam" were somewhat misleading, though. (I'm going to try to find that post now, I was quoting from memory)

• Telltale, since you have the system in place to link games from our Telltale account to a Steam account, will you consider doing it with future titles, such as BTTF?

• @NeatNit said: Confirmed for me too... Not that there was still any doubt left :P

I suspected this would happen from the beginning. TTG's comments that "there are no plans to add a Telltale store bought game to Steam" were somewhat misleading, though. (I'm going to try to find that post now, I was quoting from memory)

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397397&postcount=25

This might be the post you were talking about? I had the same thought so was pleasantly suprised when I saw Poker Night in my Steam library.

Add Comment