User Avatar Image

Consolidated "Adventure Games We'd Like to See" thread

posted by Marduk on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Threads suggesting adventure games we'd like to see TellTale work on are no new thing to the TTG forums but I thought it might be a good idea if we had the one list of titles rather that dozens of threads that have scrolled away. Every few days or so I'll even update the thread with suggestions from those who've replied.

So far they're mostly old Adventure games nostalgic fans would like to see innovated but there are also TV shows, books and movies in there, too.

I might make a poll on this, depending on responses.

I'll begin by CP'ing lists from other such threads' (FYI, I've omitted 'ideas' that TTG should continue various series' they've already began);

[LIST]
[*]Rex the Runt Adventures
[*]Day of the Tentacle
[*]Myst
[*]Indiana Jones
[*]Simon the Sorcerer
[*]The Simpsons
[*]Doctor Who
[*]Gabriel Knight series (I don't know if this is an existing game franchise or a TV series or what).
[*]Pushing Daisies (ig0rpwnwEd; I LOVE YOU!)
[*]Maniac mansion
[*]Grim Fandango
[*]Space Quest
[*]Futurama
[*]Red Dwarf
[*]The Dig
[*]Full Throttle
[*]MacGyver
[*]Family Guy
[*]Doctor Who
[*]King's Quest
[*]Police Quest
[*]Quest For Glory
[*]Loom
[*]Calvin and Hobbes
[*]Star Trek
[*]The Mighty Boosh
[*]Get Smart
[*]'An H.P. Lovecraft based game'
[*]Garfield
[*]Barney Google (Somebody might want to enlighten me, here)
[*]The Boondocks (and here)
[*]Discworld (Yes, yes; oh please god yes!)
[*]Monk
[*]Psych
[*]Laura Bow (and also here)
[*]Simon the Sorceror
[*]A Nuklear Power RPG (?)
[*]Sanford and Son (I've heard of this but never actually seen it)
[*]Leisure Suit Larry
[*]The Neverhood
[*]The Feeble Files
[*]Beneath a steel sky (maybe TTG should just buy Revolution. I can't imagine it'll cost much considering all the cuts they've had to make and it'll be a sure fire way to get a leg in the UK)
[*]Blade Runner
[*]Gateway
[*]Death Gate
[*]Shannara
[*]Blazing Dragons
[*]Digimon (this guy, apparently, was serious)
[*]So Blonde
[*]Kyrandia
[*]Normality
[*]Nightlong
[*]Sanitarium
[*]Stupid Invaders
[*]Ceville
[*]Flight of the Amazon Queen
[*]Still Life
[*]Chewy
[*]The Accolade adventures (I may have got confused, here, the way that MusicallyInspired's post was phrased made me thing it was but I could have been wrong).
[*]Zak McKracken
[*]Gang Garrison (no idea if this is real)
[*]Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman"
[*]Lucifer (Sandman Spinoff)
[*]Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[*]Dilbert
[/LIST]

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dentbuds said: i don't know about that. star wars involves a lot of combat. i just don't think it would work out that well.

@dentbuds said: [...]avoiding fights is sort of the Jedi way...

Yeah, I think that a Star Wars adventure game with a Jedi protagonist/player character would work out great. But you'd have to play as a Jedi Consular or a Jedi Sentinel, as they look to avoid violence and combat more than a Jedi Guardian. I personally think that a Jedi Sentinel would work really well for an adventure game, seeing as how they're focused on what skills or equipment they have at their disposal in order to get around situations - which sounds like an ideal adventure game protagonist to me. And I don't see how a little bit of combat will really affect the game in a negative way all that much. I mean, the Indiana Jones games did have a a tiny bit of combat (boxing, punching) in them, from what I've played of it. So why can't a Star Wars game have the same, except with lightsabers instead of fists?

By the way: we have an existing thread on the topic of a Star Wars adventure game for all who wish to discuss.

@dentbuds said: How about a remake of The Secret Of Monkey Island?

But, what would be the point if LucasArts have already done that? Why would we need two remakes?

• User Avatar Image
    NTQ

@Secret Fawful said: Tremors was gonna have a game at one time but it was canceled. It's never had the draw to have a video game, much less keep a TV series alive. I love the movies but I can't see it.

I had heard that back in like 04. I saw a couple episodes of the TV series a few years back on some internet streaming site (not Hulu) they have the only season on DVD at blockbuster, so I added it to my que.

As for the game, I have a few ideas that i think could work (of course some of it involved the rumble features on the 360/ps3 controllers) Tell tale just has the get the license and ask for my help :)

• Twin Peaks the adventure game! Full on david lynch madness in a video game.

• -Napolean Dynamite
    -Looking for Group
    -Rhett and Link
    -Looking For Group
    -Julian Smith
    -Looking for Group

Did I mention Looki... yup it's up there.

• @dentbuds said: -Napolean Dynamite
    -Looking for Group
    -Rhett and Link
    -Looking For Group
    -Julian Smith
    -Looking for Group

Did I mention Looki... yup it's up there.

I agree with looking for group, but napoleon dynamite? Why would they make a game based on a movie with no plot li... Oh god dammit.

That said, I now want an invader Zim (complete with hidden bloody GIR) or Darkwing Duck adventure game, My love for those have been rekindled

• I think Chuck could work well. There's a lot of fighting, but it could be done 303 final puzzle style.

• @Remolay said:
    That said, I now want an invader Zim (complete with hidden bloody GIR)

This.

• @Remolay said: I agree with looking for group, but napoleon dynamite? Why would they make a game based on a movie with no plot li... Oh god dammit.

It did kinda have a plot. I just moved forward slowly. I'm sure that could change. I think it would work great, because Napoleon could find a use for any item, and it'd be hilarious.

• I support the idea of a Venture Bros. game.

• @Scnew said: Beavis and Butt-head, and The Venture Bros. DO IT.

I actually registered here just so I could post about how awesome a Beavis and Butt-head game would be. With the franchise's impending revival and the fact that despite having mediocre gameplay, the old beavis and butt-head point and click is fondly remembered for its writing (and sold decently well), not to mention the fact that the setting is just awesome for a telltale adventure game.... I just really hope someone at telltale has already tried securing a deal with Mike Judge and MTV. I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Venture Bros is also a really cool idea, though I wonder which character you'd play as.

Add Comment