User Avatar Image

No Poster / extras with season1 DVD in Sweden

posted by jools33 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

I bought the SamnMax DVD today (in Stockholm - Sweden) and was gutted to open it and find no bonus material as promised on the box - so no Steve Purcell goodies. I took it back to the shop (GAME) and got a refund - then tried in EB Games instead - and it was the same story there - none of their copies come with the bonus material - although it is promised on the DVD casing. As its the 1st day of the box versions release in Sweden - perhaps the publishers messed up in some way. What I'd like to know is if there is any intention of launching the game in Europe (or Sweden) with the Bonus material included - if so - how where do I get it from? - and wonder if any other Europeans have similar problems - if so feel free to comment here - so as we can communicate this to Telltale et all.

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We don't control the packaging of the retail version, unfortunately. That's a question for JoWood, the publisher :(

• I'm trying to get more info about this. We weren't even aware there was a Swedish version of the game. (Or is it the English version that you purchased in Sweden?)

To be clear - are the bonus materials (i.e. trailers, behind the scenes video, concept art, etc.) included on the DVD? The only physical thing that should be in there is a poster. I know the box makes it look like there are sheets of concept art included, but those are electronic on the disc. Please let us know if it's just the poster that's missing or if you don't have any extras on the DVD, either.

• I'm also in this situation, but I'm in the UK. Bought the DVD from Play.com (this one). So, the item description (and the blurb on the back of the box) state that there's a 'full sized poster' included...but it's not. All I have is the game disc and manual.

I believe that everything else (concept artwork, trailers etc) is included on the disc, correct? I'll have a look tonight and make sure it is there...

• i looked at JoWood's site and in the features on their site and the poster is not there http://www.jowood.com/?lang=en&site=2&gameid=sammax

i believe this is due to laziness i suggest emailing jowood and complaining due to false advertising contact page

• I'd say some of the worldwide online stores have simply done a cut&paste job from the american listings

• @backslash said: I'd say some of the worldwide online stores have simply done a cut&paste job from the american listings

But even the packaging states there's a poster included! :confused:

I may complain to JoWood and see what they've got to say (and possibly try and send it back to Play.com). It's not really a big deal, but still, gotta think about principle!

Just out of interest, where could I purchase the 'proper' version? I've only just ordered some stuff from Telltale (signed print & teeshirt) and don't really want to pay the shipping charges again...are there any UK suppliers that stock the correct version of the game (ie, different packaging, poster included etc)?

• @riggs said: But even the packaging states there's a poster included! :confused:

I may complain to JoWood and see what they've got to say (and possibly try and send it back to Play.com). It's not really a big deal, but still, gotta think about principle!

Just out of interest, where could I purchase the 'proper' version? I've only just ordered some stuff from Telltale (signed print & teeshirt) and don't really want to pay the shipping charges again...are there any UK suppliers that stock the correct version of the game (ie, different packaging, poster included etc)?

you could try and cancel your order by contacting support if it hasn't been dispatched no uk suppliers stock telltales version but it is worth it and you could order the poster print as well if you particularly want a print

• @patters said: you could try and cancel your order by contacting support if it hasn't been dispatched no uk suppliers stock telltales version but it is worth it and you could order the poster print as well if you particularly want a print

Screw it - I'll just leave it for the moment. I'll contact JoWood though, give them an earfull about false advertising and explain the basics of proofing cover designs/blurb text (something which they obviously don't do/understand)!! :D

My order has already shipped so it's too late. I reckon I'll just wait until Season 2 is released in physical format, then just order both seasons direct from Telltale.

• ...but the telltale version does not include a poster as well. just to clarify that fact.

• @wisp said: ...but the telltale version does not include a poster as well. just to clarify that fact.

@wisp said: The only physical thing that should be in there is a poster...

:confused:

Add Comment