User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 17.7K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: Well, yeah, now that you've fussed about it. Maybe the reaction was a bit exaggerated, but only because what I got back seemed so out of line with what I'd actually said.

To be fair some of it isn't wrong. I do use pseudo logic a LOT, (and usually I say the first thing to come into my head which comes back to bite me in the ass a lot) and the Nostalgia Critic comparison was probably accurate. And I probably tend to exaggerate myself and extend my quirks beyond their norm since I'm much more subdued in real life than I am on here. I am also immature, but I tend to think most people at the age of nineteen are, and the ones who aren't are outside the norm. Or I'm one of the crazy ones. The rest is bullshit. Anyway, all of this stuff you and Tope evaluated of me puts me in one hell of a negative light, and seeing as I'm someone who is obsessively concerned with his reputation and appearance, it's easy enough to embarrass me and put me way off by doing that. Especially since most of it just isn't true.

I'm sorry if you feel personally attacked as a human being. I might have challenged your viewpoint, challenged the manner in which you expressed it, and challenged any extraneous assumptions that you may have made, and your somewhat arrogant behavior following your original post(not the review itself), but if I ever attacked you as a person then I would like to take the opportunity to extend an apology. Sincerely, I would.

Not attacked as a human being, but read above. To be specific, I had more of an issue with what Tope was saying than with what you were saying, until you decided I had a martyr complex, which sounds to me like some really screwed up weird psycho shit.

No, I'd have you at least explain controversial opinions, though. It seems like everyone should give themselves a proper explanation and evaluation of their own opinions, and it's best for others if you provide it is well. I don't like threads that are just thumbs up and/or thumbs down, yes or no, etc, and if we're going to do a list of reactions I'd like them to be at least well thought-out and expressed.

That's why I said the it'll take me months part. I just posted my current rating. After all of this shit that made me sorry I ever made this topic at all, it's going to be a long time before I look at Citizen Kane without thinking "oh great it's that damn film I looked like an ass over; get it away from me, man! away you fascist!".

I'm cutting out some stuff, hope you don't mind, but I think this gets to the crux of everything you're saying: I don't disrespect the idea of disliking Citizen Kane so much as I dislike the idea of going into a movie rating thread and saying, of one of the most critically acclaimed, innovative, and culturally significant films especially, "45%, fail, don't like it". A three short-sentence blurb comes off really arrogant and antagonistic, especially due to the context of the thing, whether or not it was intended.

I don't get that. I never figured we were taking this topic so seriously until this hell began. My post was intended casually. I put excessive thought into it, but only for my own benefit. Then again most of the time I am arrogant. I was originally just going to post the clapping gif to mock you but I happen to have a handicap that prevents me from acting that much like an asshole to people; that handicap is respect for other people.

I don't remember sending any lions. Must've been someone else. Sorry for the confusion.

No you're the lion. And Tope. You're ravenous beasts.

I feel like I disagree with the way you score and evaluate things, but that's fine too.

I don't know, I make up this shit as I go. I never rated things from 1-11 until I made this topic. It happened to be a really convenient way to categorize what I liked and didn't like about movies. I would have extended it if I needed to and then you would have had two movies going up to number 11 with Citizen Kane going up to like 15.

I dunno if "vulture" is an accurate descriptor, but I'll go with it. Vultures are pretty cool and efficient little critters, really. I assume you were going more for the "circling and watching for weakness/death" thing, which would go with the victim theme, though generally the vulture actually is generally going to consume something taken down by an entirely disparate force(even internal ones, like certain neurosis that require a person to be a constant victim of some sort of universal abuse).

Good lord man its a figure of speech. Wolves then. Replace the vultures with wolves. You're like some sort of logical, rational robot. Good lord, the robot invasion could be upon us yet. My nightmares tonight will consist of the cold, metallic grip of a rather dashing robot holding my head in front of a theater screen playing Citizen Kane for the rest of time, with Giant Tope running the projection and laughing hysterically.

• @PecanBlue said: Opinions.

Man, I probabally shouldn't state my opinion on citizen kane then, but I agree with Fawful*. I just felt it wasn't good. Then again, I've never liked any of his works or DW Griffits. Though, like Fawful, I give it the technical props it deserves.

*I've been doing theater classes (both film and stage) for about 5-6 years now.

• @Secret Fawful said:
    Good lord man its a figure of speech. Wolves then. Replace the vultures with wolves. You're like some sort of logical, rational robot. Good lord, the robot invasion could be upon us yet. My nightmares tonight will consist of the cold, metallic grip of a rather dashing robot holding my head in front of a theater screen playing Citizen Kane for the rest of time, with Giant Tope running the projection and laughing hysterically.

Can I be making popcorn in the lobby and just kind of chuckling to myself? I'm in a wheelchair, so I'm basically a cyborg right? Anyway, it beats modern Hollywood. Anything past 1995 is almost always drivel.

• @Comrade Pants said: Can I be making popcorn in the lobby and just kind of chuckling to myself? I'm in a wheelchair, so I'm basically a cyborg right? Anyway, it beats modern Hollywood. Anything past 1995 is almost always drivel.

You're in a wheelchair? I've been making fun of a guy in a wheelchair this whole time? Why didn't anyone tell me? I mean that's just.....

AMAZINGLY AWESOME.

I have ascended to a higher plane of being.

• I am tremendously happy to have helped you reach your Nirvana, friend!

• hey guys we can't say anything mean about fawful no more

he's in a hardcore death metal band with the angels now

that skydive

with jetpacks

• Hey guys. I noticed in the other topic you guys really like Evangelion. So now that I have reached nirvana with my hardcore death metal skydiving jetpack-wearing angel friends, I'm gonna do something extra special just for YOU.

Time to begin the Human Instrumentality Project! Don't worry, I told my new friends humans are good. They're totally for it. Have fun as all physical life ends and you're all united into a single possibly-mindless soul. Gosh you guys are lucky.

• Good thing I'm a cyborg, and Dash and Tope are robots. You've doomed most of your (non-angelic) friends and saved your enemies. Ain't that a kick in the head?

• Back to the topic, I just watched a movie, JUST FOR YOU GUYS!

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 6/10 (I'm so disappointed with this movie. Great style of 3D animation, great concept, great use of color, great character design, but weak plot, weak pacing, mostly predictable, no effective emotion and only funny in very few scenes. Such wasted potential. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on it though since it IS a children's movie, I suppose.)

• [quote=comrade pants;403041]good thing i'm a cyborg, and dash and tope are robots. You've doomed most of your (non-angelic) friends and saved your enemies. Ain't that a kick in the head?[/quote]

ಠ_ಠ

Add Comment