User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @OzzieMonkey said: I have no idea why, but I feel compelled to use that in a puzzle.

Oh, yeah, that's right, 2 more things; I need a puzzle designer and a composer.

Hey, that was a deleted puzzle from CMI.
    brushdo.png

• Good luck to everyone who participates in this project! I'm looking forward to seeing the result. I wish I could join in, but I suck at everything you need.

• waitwaitwait; How will Stan be in it if it's between MI2 and Curse? Isn't he a few feet underground in a tomb?

• Perhaps someone discovered he was still alive in there, took him out, discovered that all Stan wanted to do was sell him something, got annoyed, put him back in the coffin, and then we're none the wiser in Curse.

• @OzzieMonkey said:
    Guybrush as a child
    old man Guybrush

Can I do these please? I currently can't give you a sample as I have a ton of things to do, but if you wait until maybe next sunday I can provide voice work.

If I mix old man with my normal voice and use the high voice I can barely still do I can do this perfectly.
    (I also do a pretty average Normal Guybrush)

• Stan can be used in a brilliant way! I always loved the macabre-humor in MI games. Guybrush could actually use Stan's coffin to pull off a "Jack-Sparrow-boat" (PoTC2 reference). You can actually have this as a puzzle, talking to Stan, to shift inside the coffin so that the boat steers precisely where Guybrush wants it to go.

Oooor, Stan said that the coffin is incredibly durable (well, something along the lines of perfection)...Guybrush could use the coffin to smash something.

Both puzzles could implicate hilarious dialogue sequences.

Stan: "..and if I help you, do you promise to let me out??"
    Guybrush: "Erm...sure!"

Well, Guybrush actually keeps his promise in MI3 :p

EDIT: I could try and voice Largo too. But not like in MI2: SE...more like Dom did it in the april fool's joke.

• I will play the game..... I suppose I could contribute in other ways... we will see.

• @OzzieMonkey said: I need a puzzle designer

Ok - so Guybrush is hanging from banana tree with an empty pockets. His legs are stuck in branches along with his right arm, and there's a LOT OF BANANAS just to the left of him.

But since he is hanging and can't actually reach his pockets, you can only hold 1 banana at a time because you can reach it using your left hand only.

So, if player picks up banana, and then uses banana on Guybrush, Guybrush will eat it. Nothing happens, you can only pick another banana. Actually, after 1000 times and when Guybrush eats 1000 bananas he becomes so fat and heavy that he breaks loose.

There's easier way too - you pick up banana, and then - TALK BANANA! Guybrush puts banana in his mouth. Then - OPEN BANANA! Guybrush peels it off with the help of his left hand, whilst holding banana in his mouth! TALK PEELED BANANA! and Guybrush takes a half of banana with his left hand and eats it. Now, you PICK LOT OF BANANAS! with your now-free left hand, and we have BANANA in your left hand, and HALF-EATEN AND PEELED BANANA in your mouth. USE BANANA ON HALF-EATEN AND PEELED BANANA and Guybrush loads banana into the peeled banana and we get - BANANA SHOOTER. Now, USE BANANA SHOOTER ON BRANCHES and Guybrush squeezes and shoots banana breaking branches and setting him free.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Stan can be used in a brilliant way! I always loved the macabre-humor in MI games. Guybrush could actually use Stan's coffin to pull off a "Jack-Sparrow-boat" (PoTC2 reference). You can actually have this as a puzzle, talking to Stan, to shift inside the coffin so that the boat steers precisely where Guybrush wants it to go.

Oooor, Stan said that the coffin is incredibly durable (well, something along the lines of perfection)...Guybrush could use the coffin to smash something.

Both puzzles could implicate hilarious dialogue sequences.

Stan: "..and if I help you, do you promise to let me out??"
    Guybrush: "Erm...sure!"

Well, Guybrush actually keeps his promise in MI3 :p

EDIT: I could try and voice Largo too. But not like in MI2: SE...more like Dom did it in the april fool's joke.

Someone hire this man to design puzzles.

Add Comment