User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Perhaps you might consider to chose the Point and click development kit as game engine? If you do, I am totally your programmer/will do the scripting.

You can see a game made with the PacDK here!

Think about it! It's a powerful engine, and at least as good as AGS :).

• @OzzieMonkey said:
    Puzzle Design: SilverWolfPet
    Scripting/Programming: Majus
    Composer: SilverWolfPet

Y'know, dumping all the puzzle design, scripting (in the non-technical sense), and composing on one person for each category can be kinda tough/stressing. So... "Assistant Puzzle Design/Scripting/Composer: TomPravetz" ?

• @TomPravetz said: Y'know, dumping all the puzzle design, scripting (in the non-technical sense), and composing on one person for each category can be kinda tough/stressing. So... "Assistant Puzzle Design/Scripting/Composer: TomPravetz" ?

Oh shit, I just realised I thought you were Majus because of your avatar and didn't read your name Arghhhhhh!!!!!

Ok, now you can be assistant Puzzle Design/Composer and Scripter. Editing my last post.

EDIT: Also, Wusel, you can be the assistant Programmer/Scripter with TomPravetz. I'm so going to use this program you showed me, the graphics you can pull off look way better than what I was going to use.

• @OzzieMonkey said: Oh shit, I just realised I thought you were Majus because of your avatar and didn't read your name Arghhhhhh!!!!!

Ok, now you can be assistant Puzzle Design/Composer and Scripter. Editing my last post.

EDIT: Also, Wusel, you can be the assistant Programmer/Scripter with TomPravetz. I'm so going to use this program you showed me, the graphics you can pull off look way better than what I was going to use.

Well His Majus-ty and I do have a lot in common. We... uh... are both glasses-wearing awesomeness?

And... Yay! :D

• Just a word from the wolf: Don't spoil the good parts of the game to the people who are not on the team :p

Maybe a private forum?

• @OzzieMonkey said: Also, Wusel, you can be the assistant Programmer/Scripter with TomPravetz. I'm so going to use this program you showed me, the graphics you can pull off look way better than what I was going to use.

That's great!
    I will be a reliable worker, putting together your awesome art and ideas to a playable whole :)

I'm really excited now, can't wait to start.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Just a word from the wolf: Don't spoil the good parts of the game to the people who are not on the team :p

Maybe a private forum?

Brilliant. Wave also works great. (I need to make up for the failure of IWWH'd... DX)

• Hey, I'll be the guy who gets you coffee, if there's an opening for that.

• Also, just a thought, are you planning on making this one, long[-ish], continuous game, or are you planning on releasing it episodically, chapter-by-chapter?

Add Comment