User Avatar Image

TTG purchase -> Steam

posted by Ninja on - last edited - Viewed by 420 users

This morning I woke up and saw my Telltale games purchase of Poker Night as a Steam game. I assume this is the same deal that happened with the Devil's Playhouse thing as well.

Has anyone else had this too?

Sorry if this is old news.

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bunnyman said: Go ahead and put in the code. Hopefully it will stay in our game lists. And you should get the hat later if you ever decide to get TF2.
    (At least that worked in the past when I gifted my brother the L4D2 before it was released and he bought TF2 a month later and still got Bill's Hat.)

When you put in the code, you get a download in your tools section of your library. It's the visor.

• @Bunnyman said: You may just buy from Telltale and wait to see if there will be TF2 items before buying on steam.

oh i don't buy stuff for tf2 items. i hardly play that game. only if i see a friend playing it, i join. i really buy twice to assure ttg gets more money.

and a few days ago i just had to rage-post in steamforums because somebody was complaining ttg only made games so ppl have to buy it for those ridiculous tf2-items. still waiting for an infraction or another ban. who cares.

i mean... sam & max, monkey island? really new games? i always wished it would happen but never ever really had the hope it would actually happen! :)

i only like steam for having everything - my games - in one place without tons of cd's/dvd's on my desk and not having to store them away for future re-use (without any installation-limits mostly).

now all i'm waiting for, is a wing commander sequel, but that's now ea-stuff. ttg is to me now, what lucasarts was back then, in the good old monkey island (and sierra) days. sigh.

• @Shen-Zhi said: oh i don't buy stuff for tf2 items. i hardly play that game. only if i see a friend playing it, i join. i really buy twice to assure ttg gets more money.

If that's the only reason, they'd probably get more if you bought through their site both times.

• @Avistew said: If that's the only reason, they'd probably get more if you bought through their site both times.

you're right, aside you ignore the convenience thing.. :)

• @Shen-Zhi said:

and a few days ago i just had to rage-post in steamforums because somebody was complaining ttg only made games so ppl have to buy it for those ridiculous tf2-items. still waiting for an infraction or another ban. who cares.

The average SPUFer can be really stupid sometimes,it's funny to see how everybody is crazy for an item (max head) that they said that was unfitting and ruined the art style some months ago;it sucks to be a sam and max fan and not being able to get the items for his rarity (everytime I ask for a big kill everyone wants a ton of stuff)

• @adventureaddict said: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397397&postcount=25

This might be the post you were talking about? I had the same thought so was pleasantly suprised when I saw Poker Night in my Steam library.

No, but it's close enough.

Edit: found it!
    @adventureaddict said: Right now, there are no plans to link a TTG purchased Poker Night at the Inventory to Steam. That said, you do get the pre-order visor via an email code that will be going out soon.

• Well I now have the steam version of poker night, yay.
    Of course Im going to use the telltale version for when im offline since steams offline mode needs you to be online:confused: and yes Ive done manually setting it up and that just leaves it to chance.

• What the heck? Why was I not told about that TF2 hats page on the telltale site? I checked around at the telltale site much earlier but didn't find anything. "If you ordered the game from our store prior to noon (Pacific Time) on April 26, 2010, you're good to go" This is bullshit. If it's now literally impossible for me to get the hat even though I paid for the game, I'm gonna be pretty angry.
    EDIT: All right, never mind. I had been mixed up about which offer it referred to.

• Oh yeah, Steam forums do nothing but complain about non-VALVe games. It's basically 4chan with a registered account.

• @Elvenmonk said: Oh yeah, Steam forums do nothing but complain about non-VALVe games. It's basically 4chan with a registered account.

O they complain about Valve games too. They complain about EVERYTHING :(

Add Comment