User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 5.2K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That song really is great!
    It's chilling and mysterious at the same time.
    Sets a good mood. I like how you can hear the original theme in it, too!

To use it as background music we'd have to make it a "loop", though. But I bet that's no problem at all.

• No prob, but not today...I'm a bit tired :)

• @Silverwolfpet said: How's this?

That is really good! I'm just thinking that it sounds too awesome to just be played in the menu, maybe as music for a map screen could work as well?

• Should John DeCringe sound with French accent? If so, I'm in! I'll send you an audition as soon as I can.

• @Trenchfoot said: Should John DeCringe sound with French accent? If so, I'm in! I'll send you an audition as soon as I can.

Yes, we need a french accent, for sure. The character is sort of a nod to Desinge. Please do send in an audition. Desinge lines from Tales should be enough to see if you're right for the character.

• @MonkeyMania said: Here's some free steel drum samples: http://www.phunkynutts.com/steeldrum.php

Thank you, I'll look over them!

• Ok, I'll be able to download the Adventure Game Kit once I get home in a few hours (I've had to use my grandfather's computer and the internet goes out all the darn time!), so then we can get some real progress done. We'll be working on a better title on the wave, too, so SilverWolfPet, can you PM me your wave address; I think everyone else's I have. Also got to figure out these memoirs to make a teaser trailer.

• I'm working on my audition, but I just want to make a small suggestion. No need to follow it if you don't want to, but just thought it would be nice to post it:

DeCringe should have problems speaking properly in English. He should get stuck with certain letters or words, and Guybrush would help him in the most unlikely situation. For example...

DeCringe: Now you are about to die, Monseuir Threepwood! Any last wis- Last wiff-- Aggghhh! Sacre merde! Last wifff---

Guybrush: Last wishes?

DeCringe: Oui! Thank you very much, Monseuir Threepwood! Now... DIE!

Or something like that :p

• @Trenchfoot said: I'm working on my audition, but I just want to make a small suggestion. No need to follow it if you don't want to, but just thought it would be nice to post it:

DeCringe should have problems speaking properly in English. He should get stuck with certain letters or words, and Guybrush would help him in the most unlikely situation. For example...

DeCringe: Now you are about to die, Monseuir Threepwood! Any last wis- Last wiff-- Aggghhh! Sacre merde! Last wifff---

Guybrush: Last wishes?

DeCringe: Oui! Thank you very much, Monseuir Threepwood! Now... DIE!

Or something like that :p

That is a great idea, and I also have an idea that he could speak in old english now and then, as a reference to joseph decreaux, and Guybrush could be all "what are you talking about?" and Decringe has to say "in other words, YOU WILL DIE NOW!" or something like that.

Add Comment