User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Human Centipede
    6/10

Interesting shock premise, but not all that shocking. I honestly don't get the big deal. The obvious "digestion" issue was pretty nasty, but they glossed over it enough that it wasn't bothersome. Bizarre premise, standard mad scientist plot, just interesting enough that it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I think J-horror has desensitized me to this sort of film.

• Literally just saw HP7. It was great. Agreeing with Dr. RG, what was with that dance scene? Even so, I can't wait for Part 2.

• Yeah, the mood suddenly switches to

"Waaaah, Ron ran away"

to

"Let's dance, Hermione!"

....What?

• I couldn't care less about anything Harry Potter. The only HP in my life is Lovecraft. Am I an awful person?

• The only Harry Potter films I really liked were the first three, for their mystery and atmosphere. Especially the second with the serpent and Tom Riddle. I thought the plot twist with his name was quite good. I also preferred the trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione as children against overwhelming terrifying odds when magic is used for evil, instead of pubertous young adults. I'm kind of overdue to rewatch those first three films, but as they got more and more numerous, I lost all interest to continue the story any further.

Add Comment