User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hayden said: Also, just a thought, are you planning on making this one, long[-ish], continuous game, or are you planning on releasing it episodically, chapter-by-chapter?

I like this idea! we could have, like, 3 chapters, and that way we can make the game longer than the average fan game and we can also develop the story more and have more suspense. and then at the end we can release the ultimate edition.

• @The Highway said: I like this idea! we could have, like, 3 chapters, and that way we can make the game longer than the average fan game and we can also develop the story more and have more suspense. and then at the end we can release the ultimate edition.

Too right. First ever episodic Monkey Island fan game (to my knowledge).

• @Silverwolfpet said: How's this?

It's... BEAUTIFUL!

By the way, if anyone's wondering why we have a mixture of DeSinge and Joseph Ducreux, I've recently become enchanted by the Joseph Ducreux meme. You know, this one;
    tumblr_ktj5u1G3BB1qzd4jto1_500.jpg

• You could use Avistew as voice-actor. She is French after all (so no fake accent, but a real one).

Then Guybrush can keep bugging him about sounding like a woman to boot :D.

• About Stan, I thought about this: He keeps saying that his Previously Owned Coffins™ are comfortable. How about that: Stan's Previously Owned Coffin™ would have holes for the arms, legs and head (Although it would be funny if this part is discarded) so that Stan would look like he is wearing a coffin? (He might ask Guybrush to dye it so it looks like his jacket.) Later, he will get out of the coffin just to be pushed into a regular one.

I would have liked to help with the voice acting, but unfortunately I don't have a good microphone. And by the way, what kinds of voices do you expect other characters to have? And what accents?

• So... Anyone liked my audition? It's ok if you say no, but I just wanna know :)

• @Trenchfoot said: So... Anyone liked my audition? It's ok if you say no, but I just wanna know :)

Yeah, I gave it a quick listen and actually quite liked it! Reasonably good, man :). Although, a minor nit-pick; in the first 10 seconds or so, you made a lot of noises from the back of your throat (which I can't re-create in text). Just try to avoid doing that a bit. There was nothing really all that wrong with it, but I'm admittedly a pedant. The rest of the audition was good, though - the pitch, the accent, the tongue rolls; they were all good.

• @Trenchfoot said: So... Anyone liked my audition? It's ok if you say no, but I just wanna know :)

I really liked your audition. A really good french accent, but I do agree with Hayden about the "throat noises". Other than that, it's a really good voice.

• Thanks a lot, guys! And I'm sorry about the throat noises, as some other people have pointed out that problem to me. I don't know why I make it, but it's not voluntary, I assure you. I don't know if that's better :p

However, if I get the part, I'll try my besst to avoid the weird noises :)

• Sorry to keep this post short, a bit busy here, movie stuff:

- I am sorry but I do not have time for wave, not now anyway
    - I like your how your guitar sounds, Edward, so I vote to keep the song like that (what I composed + your addons)
    - In the future, I'd like to work on the songs together... maybe we can PM about that, not sure yet
    - I love the idea of Stan's hands being out of the coffin! Can we please put that in the game? It would be brilliant!

That's it for now. Wish me luck!

Add Comment