User Avatar Image

Riddles of Monkey Island: time to recruit for this fan game!

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

Yes, that's right, I'm making a monkey island fan game after the fan game post on the tales blog (thanks SWP) inspired me to do so. Only
thing is, it's just the highway and me working on it, so I want you guys, the MI fan community to pitch in and help
make a successful game, whether that's giving story ideas or volunteering for a specific position. I'm also going to be holding auditions for voice actors aswel ( although guybrush is taken, well, at least one of them, hehe), but for now any contributions to content would be great.

Cheers,
Matt.

235 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Silverwolfpet said: Sorry to keep this post short, a bit busy here, movie stuff:

- I am sorry but I do not have time for wave, not now anyway
    - I like your how your guitar sounds, Edward, so I vote to keep the song like that (what I composed + your addons)
    - In the future, I'd like to work on the songs together... maybe we can PM about that, not sure yet
    - I love the idea of Stan's hands being out of the coffin! Can we please put that in the game? It would be brilliant!

That's it for now. Wish me luck!

It's cool man, no pressure. We're still in the early stages of getting the story together, and I think we've sorted out a good opening sequence as well as the title for Chapter 1. I'll let you know when I need an arrangement of the theme music.

• If I may make a suggestion about the music: Some of it should have a male/female voice just humming wordless lyrics. It could a lot atmosphere for some sinister tracks.

By the way, brilliant music! :D

And how about a musical number? LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?

• @Trenchfoot said: LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?

Deep down Monkey Island in the Caribbean
    way back up in the waters of Tri-Island seas
    There stood a Carnival and treasure of Big Whoop
    Where came a pirate boy named Chuckie B. Goode
    Who never ever learned how to behave so well
    But he could plunder and kill just like ringing a bell

Go go
    Go Chuckie go
    Go...

• @Edward VanHelgen said: Deep down Monkey Island in the Caribbean
    way back up in the waters of Tri-Island seas
    There stood a Carnival and treasure of Big Whoop
    Where came a pirate boy named Chuckie B. Goode
    Who never ever learned how to behave so well
    But he could plunder and kill just like ringing a bell

Go go
    Go Chuckie go
    Go...

Well, personally I was thinking something in the direction of "Playing with the Big Boys" from The Prince of Egypt. Something really sinister and creppy like that would be really cool. But again, it's just an idea.

Also, I think the game should have more emotional involvment, in the direction of Chapters 4 and 5 from TOMI.

• @Trenchfoot said: And how about a musical number? LeChuck's army singing something in the Carnival perhaps?

We're trying to get a bone song in there, but not "The Bone Song", something a little different...

Also, Trenchfoot, how do you feel about voicing Ducringe in the game?

• @The Highway said:

Also, Trenchfoot, how do you feel about voicing Ducringe in the game?

I would love it, of course! :D

• @Trenchfoot said: I would love it, of course! :D

Well, it's looking pretty positive for you, then :).

@Trenchfoot said: Sorry to keep this post short, a bit busy here, movie stuff:

- I am sorry but I do not have time for wave, not now anyway
    [...]

I hope you can make it onto there sometime. I think I can speak for the whole team when I say that your input would be appreciated. But, if you're busy, then no sweat - your contribution with the music is still more than enough.

• If I cannot be there live, it doesn't mean I won't follow your progress as close as possible. Thank you for the kind words, I just hope I can make the songs on time, when needed.

• User Avatar Image
    GoT

hows this project coming along guys?

• @GoT said: hows this project coming along guys?

Quite well, actually. Thanks for your interest! Here's a quick list of what we've got down already (I hope the group doesn't mind me sharing this - it's nothing specific):

- The opening, pre-credits dialogue has been written out and perfected
    - We, of course, have that great piece of music from SilverWolfPet (and Edward VanHelgen)
    - Wusel has made a little, short, playable test demo of the opening dialogue sequence, using some simple animations and graphics/models from a previous MI game (which is for the team's eyes only).
    - The memoirs are, of course, written.
    - We have the [very] basic outline of what will be happening in chapter 1.
    - We also have a title for chapter one.
    - And we have a hand-drawn character model of Guybrush, from MonkeyMania (which is also for the team's eyes only)
    - We have voice actors for Stan, Decringe and Guybrush.

Right, I managed to do all of that without spoilers. And, plus, half of the stuff there has already been seen throughout this thread.

Add Comment