User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7.9K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: OTRSPOD Episode 1 - 8.5/10

I enjoyed it, though I felt it could have used a bit more variety. Gonna be sad when I finish Episode 2, though. :(

• Shank. 7/10

Really fun, can get repetitive and frustrating at times.

Replaying it as Deathspank.

• [quote]I'm also still playing Assassin's Creed 2 (since I bought it just a few weeks ago), and I'm actually gonna give it a 9, because I kinda enjoyed it more. [/quote]

Believe me, the ending is the payoff.
    It's so great and epic. I really want to spoil but can't. :D
    And now Gamespot states AC: Brotherhood's ending is even more crazy. Hard to believe.

• @Origami said: Believe me, the ending is the payoff.
    It's so great and epic. I really want to spoil but can't. :D
    And now Gamespot states AC: Brotherhood's ending is even more crazy. Hard to believe.

They definitely like those "What." endings, don't they? :p

• @Origami said: And now Gamespot states AC: Brotherhood's ending is even more crazy. Hard to believe.

My cousin had decided not to get Brotherhood. I just told him this, and received this reply: "...shit". I think I can safely assume his mind has been changed.

Good thing, too. I only have a Wii and don't want to play the PC version, so I had to rely on his Xbox to play the first two games.

• Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP

Absolutelty LOVED the first one on the PS3. I still loved this one, but not quite as much. Having to visit the same maps over and over get boring. But the gameplay is still mucho fun.

Imma give it a solid 7/10.

• Fallout: New Vegas (360) - 8/10

A great game, but loses a point because of the bugs that detract from the experience - luckily I didn't see a game breaking one but still had my fair share of glitches and crashes. Still, got an enjoyable 80 hours out of it, and I figure I can get another 10 to 20 hours of play time through two of the alternative plot lines and a lot more when I replay it in evil mode! Also, there's always the option of playing through it just by killing everyone and everything. And not forgetting the DLC packs, the first of which is out next month. Hopefully there will be a good, working patch out before then.

• DeathSpank. Bought it on Steam.

Disappointed. It has a great visual style, funny dialogues, but the gameplay is just so BORING and REPETITIVE. It certainly has it's moments, and exploring the world was fun for a while, but still, it all gets very old so quickly, that when I talked to Eubrick (the old adventurer) about how to kill Von Prong (hoping to get a quest to go and kill him) and got a set of quests which would send me all over the world for different items, AGAIN... I just thought 'screw it'. Probably will finish it a month or so later, after I rest from it, just to see the end.

Not to mention that the role-playing system is very one-sided, the adventure element (After all, this was supposed to be a hybrid of a Diablo-like RPG and an adventure game, i.e. adventure-like puzzles) is practically non-existent, most of the items are totally useless and the only interesting battles are the ones with Greem queens and with Sergeant Orque.

To be honest, I think Schafer and Gilbert are losing their touch. Psychonauts, DeathSpank, and I suppose Brutal Legends (suppose, because out of the three this is the one I haven't played myself, only heard others' opinions, so I can't really judge it), they have great ideas, visuals, stories, but the gameplay itself becomes so boring and uninteresting that eventually you have to force yourself to go further the storyline and it's only a matter of time before you give up.

• Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 2 - 9/10

Man that was fantastic. Wish the final boss was a little more challenging, but it was great fun. So so so so sad it's not going to have another episode. :(

Add Comment