User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I kind of lost interest in the actual books themselves because they turned into too much of a dramafest and fanservice and less of "Harry Potter's adventures at a SCHOOL OF WIZARDS FOR GOD'S SAKE" so in turn I lost interest in the movies. The last book is also my least favorite book. So, I'll most likely wait for the DVD to judge.

• @PecanBlue said: I kind of lost interest in the actual books themselves because they turned into too much of a dramafest and fanservice and less of "Harry Potter's adventures at a SCHOOL OF WIZARDS FOR GOD'S SAKE" so in turn I lost interest in the movies. The last book is also my least favorite book. So, I'll most likely wait for the DVD to judge.

^ This. Pretty much the reason I will not see DH in theatres.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yeah, that really was awesome. I couldn't have imagined a better representation for the story. I'd really love to see the same sort of thing done with the rest of the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Oh my God, I loved that part. My friend that I went with thought it was too creepy, but I thought it was great.

• I don't mind Harry Potter. I tried to read a book once and i thought it was badly written. The movies are easier to consume as they take less time. I understand that they are especially interesting for kids but if you have read a lot of SF&F books then it just isn't amazing as there exist way better books (prosa, ideas, stories).

Zwerg Nase 7/10 (old puppet fairytale)

• The Men Who Stare at Goats - 8/10

The beginning of this movie was slow as hell, but once it got going (meaning once Bob finally met Lyn and stopped whining about his failed marriage and failing career), it was absolutely hilarious.

• Okay, I saw a list of differences from the book, so I can promise this is the last gripe with the movie that I'll be remembering.

The scene where Dudley finally shows some respect for Harry was cut. I know it was basically plot-irrelevant character development, but it was a huge moment to me when I first read the book, and it's disappointing that it was removed.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Okay, I saw a list of differences from the book, so I can promise this is the last gripe with the movie that I'll be remembering.

The scene where Dudley finally shows some respect for Harry was cut. I know it was basically plot-irrelevant character development, but it was a huge moment to me when I first read the book, and it's disappointing that it was removed.

I know. That's one of my favorite parts of the entire series of books.

Add Comment