User Avatar Image

Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

posted by TentuZero on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:

122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zootch said: I've been having those same issues, I tried forcing the windowed version (Alt+Enter)
    Surprisingly it doesn't crash the game like the menu option does, it also fixes the incredibly problematic mouse lag. However it does nothing to fix the missing graphics. Starting a new game only causes a black screen to appear with all the audio and, curiously enough, the subtitles to show along the bottom.

Is this something I'll need to spend the night fixing, or can I expect a fantastic patch that will fix this like magic by the end of the week?

What are your system specs, Zootch?

• @markeres said: What are your system specs, Zootch?

Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
    Model- Satellite A215
    Processor- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz
    Memory (RAM)- 1918 MB
    System Type- 32-bit Operating System

Does that help?

• This reminds me of a similar issue with Alien Swarm that was fixed by a patch.

I'd say sit tight and either wait for a patch, or word from Telltale.

• @Teddy Weddy said: I get the same issue, except I every time I try to change the resolution it crashes too.This is not good.
    My Specs: Integrated Radeon Xpress 200
    GeForce FX 5200( I can use either.)
    2 GB RAM
    2.0 Ghz 1 core
    I'll get an SS in a sec.
    tompo.jpg

The Same here.

My Specs:

GeForce 5200 (128 MB, dx8 hardware dx9 software supported, no official driver updates for years now)
    2,8 Ghz CPU (1 core)
    1,5 GB Ram
    Win XP SP3 (32 bit) (German OS)

I experience no tears in the menue but no captions on the buttons and when I start the game everything is black. I can hear Winslow and see the subtitles but when the game is supposed to start (something about 10000$) it just crashes to desktop.

It also crashes when I try to change the resolution or to enter windowed mode.
    It does not crash if I lower the quality settings for graphics or shadows and I can change the bleeping option without problems (at least I hope so, heard nothing bleepworthy during the intro)

This happens in the Steamversion and the TTG-Version of the game.

• I'm not good with computers but these are my specs:

3400+ amd athlon 64 processor
    512 mb
    and 160

anything else i should be posting?

• Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(

I'm sure they know, but I don't have my hopes up for a fix before the holiday is over.

• @Zootch said: Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
    Model- Satellite A215
    Processor- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz
    Memory (RAM)- 1918 MB
    System Type- 32-bit Operating System

Does that help?

@Zootch said: I'm not good with computers but these are my specs:

3400+ amd athlon 64 processor
    512 mb
    and 160

anything else i should be posting?

What are your graphics/video cards? That might be the most important thing.

• I saved a crashreport (started a new game and waited until it crashed)

Maybe it will help?

• User Avatar Image
    TEi

@RAnthonyMahan said: Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(

I'm sure they're working on it. Unless they don't know, in which case that'd make me look like a rube, but if they do I'm sure they're working on it. :D

Add Comment