User Avatar Image

Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

posted by TentuZero on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:

122 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Greetings!

I'm running an ATI Radeon X800 (which I think meets the game requirements?) and am having the same problems as mentioned on this thread. I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so maybe this might be of help, but when I first try to start the game up, I get this runtime error:

"Runtime error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Telltales Games\...

R6034
    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

After that technobabble, the game starts up like expected and I encounter all the problems mentioned here. I don't know if that points to the problem or if it's just my computer acting up (I have been forced lately to admit that my computer is aged :D ), but I'm hoping a fix is brainstormed nonetheless!

• @Minsk said: when I first try to start the game up, I get this runtime error:

"Runtime error!

R6034
    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

After that technobabble, the game starts up like expected and I encounter all the problems mentioned here.

Me too.

I've now got the game via Steam as well, and although that didn't complain about the C Libraries it still plunges :winslow: & co into total darkness once the player menu is out of the way

• @Minsk said: Greetings!
    when I first try to start the game up, I get this runtime error:

[Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library]

"Runtime error!

R6034

After that technobabble, the game starts up like expected

I've got the exact same issue. It seems to be an issue with the launcher. I've tried reinstalling all the redistributable packages of VC++ I could find on the MS website: 2005, 2008, 2010.

My laptop is running Win7 64bit with Geforce GTS360M.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(

Ditto i want to play it .....First game i got from you guys seems it will be the last to

• @markeres said: What are your graphics/video cards? That might be the most important thing.

This may be wrong but this is what it says on one of them:

Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Graphics.

• Could we have some form of compensation in the meantime? Like letting us have the tf2 items since we can't even play the game? At least it would be something to show for the money we paid for this game. I'd still love to play this game and hope that a fix/solution can surface soon.

• The team is aware of all of the issues that have been brought forth as of yet and are looking into them.

• @JuanACookie said: Could we have some form of compensation in the meantime? Like letting us have the tf2 items since we can't even play the game? At least it would be something to show for the money we paid for this game. I'd still love to play this game and hope that a fix/solution can surface soon.

Not all of us bought the game for some lameass TF2 unlocks.

• @Alan Johnson said: The team is aware of all of the issues that have been brought forth as of yet and are looking into them.

I guess there's nothing else to do but sit tight and wait, then. Is there any early indication that this is something that can be fixed, though?

• Could be a shader error since most cards effected dont support 3.0.

Add Comment