User Avatar Image

Update in the works!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 986 users

You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @mightypiratetm said: When Heavy finishes his engineer story Strong Bad says: "That is some bleep up bleep ,man!" Even with the bleeps turned off. Was this a glitch or it was done in purpose?

That is very much done on purpose. The text says 'bleeped' as opposed to being asterisks.

• @furrykef said: Jake - check out the "poker rules" thread. The rules of pot-limit and no-limit poker specify that all raises (not just reraises... I don't know why Swinetower specified reraises specifically) must be at least the size of the previous bet or raise unless you're going all-in.

Because my command of English is flightier than a drunken bumblebee. THAT'S why.

Anyway, yeah... what he said, Jake.

• @Jake said: You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible. The maximum possible should have been 2+3k but the game bugged somehow and I lost it all. I'm 100% sure. No doubt in my mind. If you have some sort of game logs I can dig it up for you.

/Fabbe

• I really hope that at last telltale team focus on the bigger problems, i mean, im one of thous costummers who bougth the poker nigth at the inventory game to discover that the video dont works, even if the audio does...thers a bunsh of people on the telltale forums with this problem traing diferent solutions with out any result, and indeed been unable to play the game. :(

• @Fabbe said: Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible. The maximum possible should have been 2+3k but the game bugged somehow and I lost it all. I'm 100% sure. No doubt in my mind. If you have some sort of game logs I can dig it up for you.

/Fabbe

That had to be a really weird bug. In my game, every time there are multiple all ins, whoever bet the most gets his leftover chips back before the cards are dealt.

EDIT: At least I think I remember that happening in a 3 way all in, I'm 100% sure that does happen when there only two people, but now I'm not so sure if I'm getting myself mixed up.

• @Fabbe said: Hell no they're not being divided correctly. As I posted in another thread earlier today(well yesterday tbh) I lost all my chips(45k) in a 3-way all-in. That's just not possible.

That's a separate bug. What Jake means is the chips are still divided correctly when the "wrong" winner is announced due to sidepot issues. What you describe is something different entirely (and, unfortunately, is something that other people have reported too).

• Yes indeed - I hope this update addresses some of the trillions of bugs I've seen in this game. More than any other Telltale release I've played, and I've literally played them all.

• I think the only announced fix is aimed at the least important bug this game has.

• Well, maybe I'm lucky, but I've only found two bugs:
    * The side-pot-winner one
    * Sometimes, after Strong Bad wins a hand, the shovel stays floating in middle-air between him and The Heavy.

Add Comment