User Avatar Image

OFFICIAL 'TF2 Unlocks questions' thread (was: Question about unlocks not in Steam)

posted by Blooglspash on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I plan on getting TF2 but I don't have it yet. The only problem is, I don't know if I'll still be able to get the items after I get TF2. Will I have to wait to play this game until I get TF2? Could someone please inform me on this matter?

Thanks,
Blooglspash

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It gives a steam version because I think they couldn't get the steamworks achievements working without it running directly through steam.

• That means that one TTG pre-order = one TTG version + 2 Steam versions.

I honestly didn't think Telltale would give away their games like this.

• Where do you get the extra Steam copy?

The code is for the pre-order visor, not the other items.

• The pre-order visor code unlocks the full game on steam. It seems that if you pre-order, you technically get the game twice since a new code was generated after release.

I'm assuming that the difference is that the new code won't give the visor, while the old one does.

• Hello!

First of all, I want to tell you, that Poker Night is total WIN! This Game is just Immense Fun to play, you got the Interactions between Characters perfectly right etc. etc.

I just could continue praising you for your Work, but there is a Question that I have, and it would be really nice if a TellTale Developer could clear things Up for me:

I pre-ordered the Game through Steam, and unit now I unlocked all Items for Team Fortress 2. But as a matter of fact, I don't own TF2 at the moment!

I asked this on the Steam Forum, but I really want to get first-hand Information from the Developers.
    Do I get all the Items, once I buy Team Fortress 2?

Or are they lost now?

Best Regards

Magic_M

• I think so, yeah. People who unlocked the Alien Swarm hat (through achievement) in Alien Swarm got the hat in TF2 after they bought that game as well.

• When you win the item it unlocks a achievement which is permentally linked to your Steam account. When you start TF2 for the first time and it connects to Steam, then it goes through a checklist on your achievements. After it finds one from Poker Night the item unlocks.

• I have just unlocked Tycho's watch, so I booted up TF2 to see how it looks on the Spy, and in the items description box it says that the item can not be traded, so my question is once I unlock Max's gun will i be able to trade it as I already have it from pre-ordering The Devil's Playhouse? it's cool if it's not but seems abit of a waste to have the same item twice and not be able to trade one for something i don't have.

• @evan223 said: I have just unlocked Tycho's watch, so I booted up TF2 to see how it looks on the Spy, and in the items description box it says that the item can not be traded, so my question is once I unlock Max's gun will i be able to trade it as I already have it from pre-ordering The Devil's Playhouse? it's cool if it's not but seems abit of a waste to have the same item twice and not be able to trade one for something i don't have.

No. Those count as achievement items and those are no longer tradeable in TF2. Same way for the Alien swarm hat if you get it now. Old ones should still be tradeable.
    You can always give away your Vintage Lugermorph. It's the same item but with a stupid Vintage attached to it and with ugly blue text.

• I'm seeing people talk about achievements. What achievements?

Also, I've earned two items so far. I don't seem to have them in TF2, and I don't seem to have a new key code to punch in. I'm not even sure whether I get them automatically or if I am supposed to get a new code to punch in. Which is it, and when do I get them?

And because I got the fifth degree when I asked this last night on a TF2 server, I'mma clarify:

I won the items last night. Yes, I personally knocked out the character who's items they were, AND went on to win the tournament, AND I got the pop-up screen saying "Congratulations, you've unlocked this item!" with the two buttons, AND they're listed as unlocked in my stats screen.

Add Comment