User Avatar Image

FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

posted by Spykes on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

Seeing as there are a lot of new posters coming here asking the same question, a FAQ seems like a good idea.

Q: Is there an official site?

A: 9/2/2010 - Indeed there is! Here is the link in case you haven't seen it yet...

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

Q: Where can I find official Telltale news, release dates etc regarding BTTF?

A: 3/26/2011 - For official updates, check out the Telltale blog, subscribe to the email newsletter/updates, or look for stickied threads on the forum here.

Q: When will Back to the Future be released? [EDITED]

A: 12/22/2010 - The date is set! Episode 1 will be released December 22nd!

Link

A: 12/2/2010 - Still no exact days, but we do know the release months for 4 of the 5 episodes courtesy of the official BttF Game trailer.

Episode 1 - December / Episode 2 - February / Episode 3 - March / Episode 4 - April

Link

Q: What platforms will Back to the Future - The Game be released on? [EDITED]

A: 10/25/2010 - The officially announced platforms are as follows...

PC, Mac, PS3 (via PSN) and iPad

As of right now, there are no plans to release the game on XBox 360 or the Wii consoles.

Q. What are the system specs for PC and Mac?

A: 12/17/10 - Official specs...

PC:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c
Audio card required

Recommended Specs
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c
Audio card required

Mac:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 2.0 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended Specs
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Q: Will the original actors be back to voice the characters? [UPDATED x2]

A: 10/23/2010 - It's now official that Michael J. Fox will not be reprising his role as Marty McFly, HOWEVER, Telltale has found a excellent replacement for him in A.J. Locascio. See the first link for the Behind the Scenes feature introducing Mr. Locascio and the second link to see his demo reel from YouTube with lines from the original BttF. You'll be impressed.... :D

Link - Behind the Scenes: Hey McFly!

Link - YouTube: A.J. LoCascio Demo Reel

A: 9/1/2010 - USA Today has announced that Christopher Lloyd WILL be reprising his role as Dr. Emmett Brown for the game. No other actors have been mentioned at the time of this update.

Being developed by Telltale Games, the Back to the Future game series will include the likenesses of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, who portrayed the characters Marty McFly and Doc Brown in the films, which listed Steven Spielberg among the executive producers. (Lloyd will also provide his voice for the games.)

Link

A: 8/13/10 - This is not known yet. However, in an interview with IGN during E3 2010, Telltale Games' chief technology officer and founder Kevin Bruner had this to say...

I asked if it would be possible to be called a "butthead" by the Biff Tannen. Bruner seemed to think there was a strong possibility I will be satisfied.

Link

Q: Will the game be translated/subtitled into other languages?

A: 9/1/10 - Nothing has been officially released about what languages the game will be translated or subtitled into. However, it's a safe bet that Telltale Games will do similar translations as they have for their other games.

Q: Is the Back to the Future going to be a prequel to the movies, a continuation of the trilogy or will it simply copy the plots of the movies? [UPDATED x2]

A: 10/23/10 - It's official now that the game will take place roughly 6 months after the events of the third movie. According to the Director of Episode 1, Dennis Lenart, the game will start out examining Marty's life without his best bud Doc, the DeLorean will then reappear and Marty will have to travel back in time to find Doc who's stranded somewhere. That, as of now, is all we know about the plot for the game.

Link

A: 9/8/10 - According to Telltale game designer Dennis Lenart in a interview with The SpoonyOne, the game will take place AFTER the original trilogy.

It's not a sequel necessarily, but it does take place after the events of the first three films.

Link (quote @ the 4:00 mark)

Q: What type of game will Back to the Future be? [UPDATED]

A: 10/23/10 - As expected, BttF The Game will definitely be an Adventure Game.

Link

Q: Will the game be canon in the Back to the Future Universe? [UPDATED x2]

A: 10/23/10 - Here is the answer to this very question from BttF series creator and Telltale consultant, Bob Gale in a Q&A he did with fan submitted questions from posters on this very forum!...

Only the movies are canon. Everything else fits into the 'what-if?' category, or might be canon in some alternate universe.

Link

A: 9/4/10 - In a interview with IGN at PAX, it was revealed that the team writing BttF is taking great care to make sure everything fits in with the time-line established in the films...

According to Telltale, one of the great challenges when scripting the Back to the Future games is dealing with the three separate timelines established by the movie trilogy. A lot of fun ideas have been scrapped because they would cause a paradox (the really bad kind) with the events in the films. Those that survive this process are further trimmed by one final check: it has to pass the test of "would this happen in the films?" Apparently, authenticity has caused a lot of sleepless nights among the Back to the Future team.

Link

A: 8/13/10 - Going back to Sinaz20's post, it's safe to assume that it will be...

As with any licensor, we are bound by guidelines, rules, and cannon that the property owners consider essential to the license. Even if we create new characters, they have to be approved by the Bob Gale/Universal machine, who so far have been very excited by the ideas we have been presenting them, and have been tossing equally exciting "why not's" back at us. We are pretty much ignoring the cartoons, for what it's worth, and focusing simply on the cannon as presented in the movies and creating new cannon with the blessing of Bob Gale.

Link

Q: Who do I get to play as in the Back to the Future game? [UPDATED]

A: 10/25/10 - According to game director Dennis Lenart, the player will play as Marty McFly.

Link

A: 8/13/10 - Yet once again, we don't know. As you can see, there isn't a whole lot that's "officially" known about the game yet. However, the likelihood is that it will be about the main characters we know and love; Marty, Doc, Biff, etc. According to the previously quoted Sinaz20...

Ultimately, something I emphasize almost every time I respond to a thread here, those of us working on Back to the Future are passionate about the movies. We don't want to make a game that features random, unknown characters driving a time travelling Mini Cooper.

For us, it's all about Doc, Marty, Biff, Einstein and a DeLorean-- and the family-based drama they deal with throughout time in Hill Valley.

Link

Q: I have a question that wasn't covered here, where can I find that answer?

A: 12/18/10 - First thing you'll want to do is check out this link....

General Telltale Games FAQ

If your question still isn't answered there, please read through the later posts in this thread (roughly page 17 or so) to see if your question has already been asked.

If your question STILL isn't answered, then feel free to post your question and see if any of us can answer it.

717 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can we expect a close PS3 release ?

Cauz I'm really... Well, I don't want to preorder the game on PC since I'd rather play on PS3 (I'm sure they made the gameplay joypad friendly).

But if the ps3 version is delayed I'll just buy it on Pc.

PLaying the game on a big screen will be another experience in my opinion ^^ .

But I think it can still be pretty nice on computer.

• I got the BTTF Blu-ray and naturally put in the code to get the first episode free. Obviously, it's not ready yet, but would I be right in assuming that it'll come out before the full game?

Also, the free episode is for PC only, but the game is supposedly going to be available on the Wii whatever thing it is as well as the PS3's Playstation Network. If I preorder the full 5 episodes, how exactly would I make sure it's for my PS3 and not my PC? Thanks in advance!

• @Shadowknight1 said: I got the BTTF Blu-ray and naturally put in the code to get the first episode free. Obviously, it's not ready yet, but would I be right in assuming that it'll come out before the full game?

The game consists of 5 individual 'episodes', the first of which you can download for free for PC/Mac sometime in December (they exact date's not known yet). The subsequent episodes will be released at approximately monthly intervals. Each episode tends to end on a cliffhanger, and the next episode will start from that point, just like in many TV shows.

@Shadowknight1 said: Also, the free episode is for PC only, but the game is supposedly going to be available on the Wii whatever thing it is as well as the PS3's Playstation Network. If I preorder the full 5 episodes, how exactly would I make sure it's for my PS3 and not my PC? Thanks in advance!

It's has not been announced for Wii, and if it does ever come out for Wii (or Xbox) it will likely be as a bundled disc once all the episodes are released to PC / PSN.

If you preorder, you are only preodering the PC/Mac version. You will need to buy the games direct from the PSN online store if you are wanting to play them on your PS3. I don't think they're ready for order on that platform as yet, but you will probably find when the first episode is released, you will be able to purchase the whole season at that time, and will then just have to wait the month or so to download each subsequent episode.

More info in the first post of this FAQ thread.

• Oops,I meant I used the code from the BluRay to order episode one :/

But,Ive been trying to order Episode 1-5 but when I click proceed to check out,it just goes back to the same page..doesnt show anything new...whats going on here?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Oh boy... the TTG team is probably headed to their families to enjoy the holidays right now; but your problem seems to be rather common, as you can see from this thread in the shopping support forum. There might be a connection of this problem to the holiday special deals.

Expect this to be fixed next week; this is like a huge hole in TTG's wallet, so they'll probably fix this ASAP. :D

/edit: They fixed it faster. Told ya. ;)

• Okay I just pre ordered it now :D Cant wait till December LOL

• Okay, I've been kinda wondering this for a while and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but...

Does anyone know if Clara's gonna show up at some point or another or if she's been acknowledged by the devs?

Considering she, yanno, got married to and had kids with Doc and all, I'd think she'd at least show up at least once during the game series. Especially since this is apparently set after Part 3.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Are you changing your avatar four times a DAY?? :D :D

No one knows if she'll show up. Doc wears a wedding ring in the first published screenshot, so we assume that he'll mention her once or twice. However, IIRC we've already heard that she won't really be part of the story, which again centers around Marty, Doc and the DeLorean.

• Some women's vices are shoes... mine happen to be avatars. Buwahaha. ;]

Ah, sounds reasonable. Even if it's just a passing mention/handwave, I'd be okay with that at this point.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Meta Ray Mek said: Some women's vices are shoes... mine happen to be avatars. Buwahaha. ;]

Ah, sounds reasonable. Even if it's just a passing mention/handwave, I'd be okay with that at this point.

Happy birthday, by the way. :D

Add Comment