User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

07TfXl.jpg

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.

276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sindromequijote said: And I don't think a 2,34% of users is a small number when we are talking a about a bug that makes users unable to play the game.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean to imply that it was small enough that it in any way justified this; only that it is quite a bit smaller than the 18.02% I originally arrived at (but still bigger than the 1.5% Amy claimed). I fully agree that it's far too large for a bug of this nature.

• @Pidgeot said: When adjusting for the percentage...

Seriously, it's ludicrous that we even need to justify and plead for the attention this problem deserves.

@Pidgeot said: I feel disappointed and frustrated not because the bug exists but because the users don't seem to matter.Exactly.

I mean Will claimed that Telltale had found the cause back on July 9th and that they had a fix as "early" as September 7th. After that, it's been two and a half months of excuses until they finally conclude that we're just "a small portion".

• What bugs (pun intended) me about this is that it's impossible to get a refund for a game I haven't been able to play at all, since I bought this on steam...

• Just bought this game with the Indie Story Pack on Steam and encountered this GTX460 bug on the second puzzle. Now I come here to find out it's been known for months and there's still no fix. How can Telltale even continue selling this game with such a game-breaking bug? Very disappointing.

• Also having this issue, real shame as it seems like a great game :(

• by using the walkthrough found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UV2nyndso&feature=related

I was able to figure out which logs to put where. Just make sure you choose the correct logs and place them on the appropriate spaces. You can tell when your cursor is over a log because it will change color. They automatically snap into place when you put them over a grid. Hard to do when you cant see where you're placing them... but by following the walkthrough I managed to get past that damned second puzzle.

• @ovinophile said: Just bought this game with the Indie Story Pack on Steam

was very annoyed

did what didactandnarpet said and im past it now woohoo

• I just ran into this bug, and became more and more incredulous the more I read this thread. I have _never_ made a post saying I wouldn't buy a product from a company again, and I always laugh to myself when other people do, but this is a case where I'm making an exception in the hopes that if I add my voice to the others here it will get someone's attention.

I preordered the first season of Sam and Max, and I have almost every product Telltale has released, but I won't be buying any more. I completely understand and am sympathetic to bugs, especially in PC games because of all of the different configurations out there. I am even more understanding to small developers, and realize that it's impossible to make everything work with limited manpower. There are two things about this specific case, though, that I find completely unacceptable:

1. This is a known issue that makes the entire game unplayable, but the game is still being sold with no warning. I just bought this on Steam today, and the requirements don't indicate that it won't work with NVIDIA 4xx cards. This strikes me as unapologetically dishonest.

2. The way the situation has been handled in this forum thread demonstrates a bewildering lack of respect for your customers. I realize that things are always more complicated than they seem to outside observers, but surely you must realize the negative impact this situation will have? I've never even been to the Telltale forums before, but I've always had affection for what your company and always buy your products to support a company I see as one of the "good guys", even though I haven't gotten around to playing many of them. I'm afraid that I am probably sounding melodramatic, but I just want to emphasize how drastically my opinion of your company has been altered. The situation is even more odd since I got the game as part of the Indie Story Pack for $5, so the frustration in my case doesn't even have anything to do with feeling ripped off financially, and has everything to do with the principle of the thing and my perception of Telltale. (Reading some of the other comments makes it sound like my experience isn't unique, either...)

Very sad and disappointed.

• @didactandnarpet said: by using the walkthrough found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UV2nyndso&feature=related

I was able to figure out which logs to put where. Just make sure you choose the correct logs and place them on the appropriate spaces. You can tell when your cursor is over a log because it will change color. They automatically snap into place when you put them over a grid. Hard to do when you cant see where you're placing them... but by following the walkthrough I managed to get past that damned second puzzle.

Even if you can get past the logs, there are still several pieces in each of the puzzles missing. There's a puzzle involving security guards that is almost as impossible because you can't really make out the answer you're giving.

For what it's worth, Poker Night doesn't seem to have this problem, unless Nelson Tethers is supposed to be in the background and I can't see him. :\

• @Depops said: I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

- posted 7/01/2010

Hi all just wanted to say hey and welcome you to yet another example of a pissed off customer to this game. This isn't an issue that was discovered last week or last month, but will be going on for 6 months now. I'd like to show my appreciation for the timely and wonderfully craptastic response to this issue by creating a forum account on a site I will never go to again, creating an email address to do that on a address I will never use, and as a result of this, you will never see me buy another product from this company again. If the junk don't work, fine - don't make me pay for it.

Steam did their indie pack this weekend and this BROKEN game still is able to be purchased by customers. Not like the 400 series video cards have just come out last week or anything. So from all of us on Steam that bought this pack to enjoy this game just wanted to give a "you are number one" finger response to you and your epic programming skills. Block me, email whatever you won't ever see me again.

Long live the gamers - the rest of ya'll blow up the steam forums like I will to stop this company from making a dime off some junk that don't work.

PEACE!

Add Comment