User Avatar Image

Update in the works!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 866 users

You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To be honest, its CPU intensive, like one of my cores floats around 80-99%! Also, one of my GPU's gets to 100 Degrees Celsius! lol! Er, okay...... I know my PC is on the way out (hence waiting for the new one), but 100c is, er, wow!

• @PedsterUK said: To be honest, its CPU intensive, like one of my cores floats around 80-99%! Also, one of my GPU's gets to 100 Degrees Celsius! lol! Er, okay...... I know my PC is on the way out (hence waiting for the new one), but 100c is, er, wow!

I don't find it that intensive. My laptop does get hot but only after long gaming sessions, I play Poker Night to cool down mentally and for my laptop as well.

• And this is a nVidia 9800GT (in SLI) PCI-E card that goes over 100c, daren't to think what on-board cards are at, and they have no fans.

My card may not be the best these days, but playing COD MW2, the temps doesn't go that high.

• @Jake said: You might be thinking of how raises work in limit hold'em, whereas Poker Night is no-limit, wherein you can raise without limit high or low, as long as you raise (I think) at least 2x the big blind.

In no limit holdem pre flop all raises must be in multiples of the last raise.
    So say the blinds are 100-200
    Under the gun (First person to act before the flop) raises they must raise a minimum of 200 for a total of 400.
    So lets say the player under the gun raises to 525, which is more then 2x the blind.
    The next player if they want to raise has to raise to 1050 or if they have less they can always all in.

After the flop the min bet is the blind but you can, if you want bet 1 chip over the blind.

• A messaged Jake about that whole anti-alaising thing people have been trying out and he did say that they are working on the patch with combatibility but he doesnt really know how much it would help.

• @PedsterUK said: To be honest, its CPU intensive, like one of my cores floats around 80-99%! Also, one of my GPU's gets to 100 Degrees Celsius! lol! Er, okay...... I know my PC is on the way out (hence waiting for the new one), but 100c is, er, wow!

my cpu is a p4 3ghz ht and the game only uses 44% of my cpu in shader 1.4 granted i can't get the game to work once i get the the table it crashes my pc but cpu never is above 50%

• @Maikel Steneker said: Please add Steam cloud support!

Seconded!

• @Maikel Steneker said: Please add Steam cloud support!

Do it!

• The game isn't nice so older computers. I hope I get upgraded before BttF.

Also, I know it's not major, but there are still bleeps from Tycho even though I have bleeps off. I just want to bring it up while an update was being released, and Telltale doesn't release updates often...

Add Comment