User Avatar Image

The Whispered World video stuttering

posted by Kemayo on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

During video playback in The Whispered World there's a great deal of audio stuttering, and by the end of the video the audio is all out of sync.

Anyone else experiencing this, or worked out a fix?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It seems that both Telltale and Daedalic have just stopped addressing this issue. I'm trying to find an crack to get it working, and all Google gives me is pirate versions of the whole game and cracks for the German version (which I'm not sure will work?).

Edit: think I got it going, never mind.

• Like others, I would be grateful for a link to a DRM free version of the EXE. Please PM me, piracy isn't my area of expertise, and I don't know how to use Usenet!

Thanks,

- Al

• Here's what I did. Hope this is OK - seems a bit silly that it's unplayable for a lot of us and there's no official solution after months.

- Go to jan's link: http://www.mediafire.com/Adventure%20Bundle
    - Click 'tww' folder
    - Get 'The Whispered World - SKIDROW - CRACK ONLY.zip'
    - Unzip and copy the new TWW.exe file in there over to the game folder, replacing the old TWW.exe. Game folder is something like Program Files/Telltale/Adventure Bundle/tww/
    - Then I just run TWW.exe directly rather than go through the Adventure Bundle every time

• That worked for me, many thanks!

• Also worked for me. Already completed the game.

Shame TTG did nothing.

• I had this problem as well. Telltale referring people to Daedalic isn't very surprising in my opinion since TTG didn't develop the game. Daedalic, in turn, kept sending people to Deep Silver's tech support, who is the publisher (and most likely the one to blame for the faulty DRM). Anyway, I e-mailed them about the issue but they didn't seem to trust me. :( The only advice they could come up with was "get a more powerful computer", even though I could run the demo without any hassle.

After that experience, my bad conscience from cracking the game was gone with the wind. Too bad that Deep Silver seems to be the publisher of many interesting adventure games nowadays. :(

• @ringo16 said: Here's what I did. Hope this is OK - seems a bit silly that it's unplayable for a lot of us and there's no official solution after months.

- Go to jan's link: http://www.mediafire.com/Adventure%20Bundle
    - Click 'tww' folder
    - Get 'The Whispered World - SKIDROW - CRACK ONLY.zip'
    - Unzip and copy the new TWW.exe file in there over to the game folder, replacing the old TWW.exe. Game folder is something like Program Files/Telltale/Adventure Bundle/tww/
    - Then I just run TWW.exe directly rather than go through the Adventure Bundle every time

This did not fix the problem for me, although it did improve it slightly. Unfortunately, the game now also randomly dumps me back to the desktop.

• Any fix yet?

Got TTW with my telltale Adventure Bundle tryed it on my two PCs

win 7 (32bit) 3.5 gb ram 2.2 ghz Total available graphics memory 1982 MB Dedicated graphics memory 512mb graphics card
    win 7 (64bit) 4 gb ram 3.2 ghz Total available graphics memory 1695 MB Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB onboard graphics

both stutter in the same place on the videos

the game now also randomly dumps me back to the desktop if i don't Esc the cutscene before the end of it.

tryed the no CD patch exe the stuttering is less than with the original exe but still the videos stutter in the same place on both PCs

tryed a fully torrent copy of the game, game still stutters in the same places as it i was useing the Adventure Bundle copy i bought with or with out the cd patch exe

tryed running/installing as administrator
    tryed all comb of compatibility settings and modes

anything else i can try?

messages log

19:31:16: Warning: A cutscene was started in action "Linksklick" (Id: 82146) but was not terminated
    20:04:54: Warning: A cutscene was started in action "'benutzen/nehmen' angewandt" (Id: 2905) but was not terminated
    20:16:16: Warning: A cutscene was started in action "'benutzen/nehmen' angewandt" (Id: 2905) but was not terminated

......21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 4246 in table T62
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 4245 in table T62
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 2161 in table T62
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 2 in table T212
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 2 in table T57
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 90 in table T53
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 82781 in table T60
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 174 in table T58
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 2 in table T57
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 177 in table T58
    21:06:08: Warning: Error: can't find object 8012 in table T59........

there is alot more in the log which are mainly to do with table T62

also forgot to say all audio and video drivers are up todate.

if there is no fix can someone youtube the main cutscene and i will just have to watch them on there :(

Thanks

• Telltale has no intention of ever fixing this, because not enough people bought it for them to care about it.

• I signed up just to fix this, I ordered my copy from Canada and waited about 2 weeks for it, so you can understand my disappointment! I downloaded that file ringo16 posted, it seemed to fix the problem...that is until I got to Shana's secret cabin, as I entered and turned to the chair the game completely crashes!! :( Is there a fix for this, I really want to play the game!! :x

Add Comment