User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

07TfXl.jpg

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.

276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm also pissed off and waiting, but where did you get the figure '6 months' from? The game only came out right at the end of June. That's 5 months at the most and people have been saying 6 months for a while.

• Oh good lord. Suffering from the same problem here too, and this whole situation has really annoyed me. I was really looking forward to playing this game, but the fact that I can't simply because Telltalle seem to have decided it's not important has really put me off.

I mean, how do you screw up such a simple 2D game? Really. A Japanese indie game released back in 2007 (Recettear) has no problems working on my PC, and yet the modern day indie game won't. It's ridiculous.

• @BishounenTaurus said: Oh good lord. Suffering from the same problem here too, and this whole situation has really annoyed me. I was really looking forward to playing this game, but the fact that I can't simply because Telltalle seem to have decided it's not important has really put me off.

I mean, how do you screw up such a simple 2D game? Really. A Japanese indie game released back in 2007 (Recettear) has no problems working on my PC, and yet the modern day indie game won't. It's ridiculous.

Puzzle Agent isn't actually 2D, although the log puzzle that doesn't work for so many is 2D.

• @Sir Primalform Magnifico said: Puzzle Agent isn't actually 2D, although the log puzzle that doesn't work for so many is 2D.

Still, it's not exactly next-gen is it? :p

• @BishounenTaurus said: Still, it's not exactly next-gen is it? :p

True... and it definitely shouldn't take this long to fix it. They must have only one person working on it a couple of hours a week.

• More incoming angry customers by the day. I sure hope Telltale changes their mind about their priorities. Frankly, this is a personal embarrassment for me as well. I often tell friends how great Telltale's games are, but then they do this.

@Sir Primalform Magnifico said: They must have only one person working on it a couple of hours a week.

It's pretty typical in the industry to dedicate inexperienced programmers for bug fixes. From what we've been told, this isn't a simple fix and I would assume they've got someone drowning in this issue. I am, of course, giving them the benefit of doubt that they've actually been working on it. It's obvious now that this problem isn't getting proper attention. So, that is why I am also guessing that they refuse to assign experienced developers to assist.

Whatever the reality of the situation is, it shouldn't take nearly five months to correct this.

• Is anyone from Telltale even reading this?

• This is disgusting, I paid for the game when it came out and I still can't play it! You should be ashamed, telltale. It should be fixed by now.

• Just registered to add my voice to this. I got this game as part of the indie bundle on Steam and was surprised to find I can't even play it. However, that surprise was nothing compared to discovering the game has been broken for 6 months and Telltale are still happy to sell it without any warning that it may not work.

I've purchased plenty of Telltale games in the past across multiple platforms but there's no way I'll be spending another penny on them while this situation continues. It's a shame, I really thought Telltale were one of the few developers I could trust but the lack of any real movement on this shows you're just like the rest; only interested in new sales with no interest in supporting those who have already paid their money.

Add Comment