User Avatar Image

Poker Night Patch Update

posted by Amy Lukima on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

First I'd like to thank everyone who provided information about issues with Poker Night. We now have enough information to fix the cause of most of these issues, but it will take until next week to complete a patch.

Segment Next has com compiled a great list of temporary fixes that may work for some of you until the patch comes out next week:
http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/23/poker-night-at-inventory-errors-crashes-freezes-and-fixes/

Thank you so much for your patience and being part of the Telltale community.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Great news. I hope the patch travels through steam system ok, i don't remember any of telltale games on steam being patched before. i might be wrong.

  • @DukeBG said: Great news. I hope the patch travels through steam system ok, i don't remember any of telltale games on steam being patched before. i might be wrong.

    It's not that. I don't remember any of Telltale's games being patched, period, and I've been here a while. That does mean I welcome this new development and hope more patches happen in the future where needed.

  • @DukeBG said: Great news. I hope the patch travels through steam system ok, i don't remember any of telltale games on steam being patched before. i might be wrong.

    some of the Wallace & Grommit episodes seemed to have patches.

  • Season 3 could have definitely used some. ToMI too actually.
    Actually, they did patch 102 and 104 of ToMI due to issues, but I didn't buy that series until after everything was finished.

  • @NotBlaine said: Find prefs.prop.

    Get a Hex editor (they're free and not complicated to use).

    You're going to edit two strings.

    http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15758

    https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20689

    Cheers!

    worked like a charm, why didnt I think of it!
    prefs.prop doh!

    bows to you!

    also sorry telltale this was rushed! Bad that a patch is needed this direly for the game! Good thing its only 5$ :P
    I can work with any buggy game for that!

    as for cursor glitches, I fixed one by forcing hz to 60 even if your monitor does like 70 or 75 or you use a tv or something.
    also some wide screen monitors ive tested didnt fair to well with lags. While the standard monitors did.

    Hope this helps someone! As someone helped me.
    This game rocks, and its really fun, even buggy! Id love to see more.
    (I can picture some of the cats n dogs at telltale actually playing poker after a hard session) wonder if thats where the idea came from

    maybe it was just a revise of texas holdem... idk
    which has sold more? just curious

  • Will this patch include a fix for the Mac problem where the game won't start? The linked list of workarounds does not include that one, because nobody seems to have found one yet.

  • @cq888 said: Will this patch include a fix for the Mac problem where the game won't start? The linked list of workarounds does not include that one, because nobody seems to have found one yet.

    Which problem do you have? I've had a solution for all the ones I've heard of.

    If it opens and crashes, opens and crashes in a loop, you need to delete the local content. Update Steam. Redownload and launch.

    If it's the black screen after the TTG logo, you need to change the game to windowed mode with a low resolution. To get past the TTG logo, you'll have to do the hex editing I mentioned in my earlier post. Find out what the native resolution for your Mac is (if it's a laptop, it's the highest res setting you're given. Mine is 1280x800). Edit your pref.props so it'll display at that res (or if it's 1280x800, just download the pref file I uploaded). Get the game open, then set the game to run windowed mode, low resolution.

    If it's something else, let me know what it is and I'll see if I can figure it out.

    What I really want them to fix is teaching the game the rules of poker. That'd be nice.

  • @NotBlaine said:
    If it opens and crashes, opens and crashes in a loop, you need to delete the local content. Update Steam. Redownload and launch.

    This problem.

    Which local content are you referring to? Steam in its entirety or just Poker? I've wiped and re-installed Poker 3 times now. Steam is fully up to date.

  • @NotBlaine said: Which problem do you have? I've had a solution for all the ones I've heard of.

    If it opens and crashes, opens and crashes in a loop, you need to delete the local content. Update Steam. Redownload and launch.

    If it's the black screen after the TTG logo, you need to change the game to windowed mode with a low resolution. To get past the TTG logo, you'll have to do the hex editing I mentioned in my earlier post. Find out what the native resolution for your Mac is (if it's a laptop, it's the highest res setting you're given. Mine is 1280x800). Edit your pref.props so it'll display at that res (or if it's 1280x800, just download the pref file I uploaded). Get the game open, then set the game to run windowed mode, low resolution.

    If it's something else, let me know what it is and I'll see if I can figure it out.

    What I really want them to fix is teaching the game the rules of poker. That'd be nice.

    Don't thank you can find a fix for it but try if you must

    no back ground on main menu and when you hit play all you see is the subs/hear them talking until the game is about to play aka we throw in are money then it will crash now forcing the game into shader 1.4 fixes the no back ground / see the game but the crash is still there

    good luck i tryed every thing i could thank of lol

  • @Amy Lukima said: First I'd like to thank everyone who provided information about issues with Poker Night. We now have enough information to fix the cause of most of these issues, but it will take until next week to complete a patch.

    Segment Next has com compiled a great list of temporary fixes that may work for some of you until the patch comes out next week:
    http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/23/poker-night-at-inventory-errors-crashes-freezes-and-fixes/

    Thank you so much for your patience and being part of the Telltale community.

    I had given a try on this before, didnt worked for me and my black screen, but thanks for the atentions.

Add Comment