User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

07TfXl.jpg

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.

276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How disappointing. It's funny, I grabbed the Indie pack to just mess around with a few games in it, without even really knowing anything about them.

To find one of them has Telltale's name on it, which I've always respected, and that it is unplayable and broken was fairly shocking.

To think I'd still have a high opinion of Telltale if only this game hadn't been included in the Indie pack :)

• @BishounenTaurus said: Is anyone from Telltale even reading this?

Probably not, since Telltale thinks only a small amount of people have this bug.

I think you guys in customer service really need to work on your bedside manner. Thank God you're not doctors.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry your son's surgery is taking so long, but the more experienced surgeons are swamped with other projects. And besides, there's only a small portion of people in the world who have your son's condition. Now excuse me, I must ignore you for the next several hours."

• @anglerush said: "Ma'am, I'm sorry your son's surgery is taking so long, but the more experienced surgeons are swamped with other projects. And besides, there's only a small portion of people in the world who have your son's condition. Now excuse me, I must ignore you for the next several hours."

At first I laughed, but then I cried. Hilariously accurate.

• @anglerush said: Probably not, since Telltale thinks only a small amount of people have this bug.

I don't believe that's accurate. If there's no news on a fix, you can't really expect anybody from Telltale to post anything. We did have a post from Amy on the 23rd in response to a direct question.

Amy, are there plans to make information regarding this problem accessible to customers before they purchase Puzzle Agent (expecting people to read the forum before buying really isn't appropriate)?

• @Cheeseness said: I don't believe that's accurate. If there's no news on a fix, you can't really expect anybody from Telltale to post anything. We did have a post from Amy on the 23rd in response to a direct question.

You're probably right, but after waiting for five months, I think we have earned the right to make fun of them. :)

• @Cheeseness said: I don't believe that's accurate. If there's no news on a fix, you can't really expect anybody from Telltale to post anything. We did have a post from Amy on the 23rd in response to a direct question.

Amy, are there plans to make information regarding this problem accessible to customers before they purchase Puzzle Agent (expecting people to read the forum before buying really isn't appropriate)?

I don't think there were any plans to do this but I am going to ask for this tomorrow.

• @Amy Lukima said: I don't think there were but I am going to ask for this tomorrow.

Thanks Amy. I think it would be a good move in terms of limiting the number of people who could be adversely effected and reassuring some of the disgruntled people in this thread.

I hope that 3:02am isn't your local time (or if it is that you don't have to be anywhere in the morning)!

• Well so to add to the voices about this... I just bought this through one of Steam's indie packs and ... yep ... unplayable.

Dual GTX 470s here

Having read the rest of the thread, this is profoundly disappointing from Telltale, a company I've respected for their quality as well as their creativity.

This has been a known issue since July... this is now November, nearly December... and guess what else: the install base for 400 series nVidia cards is only getting larger and larger as the cards become more affordable. Which means more and more people that can't play this game (but who probably just bought it for the same reason I did).

For this problem to take so long to resolve is absolutely ridiculous.

• Yep. I got the Indie Pack the other day because I wanted to play this game. I've got a GTX 460M and I can't get past the second puzzle.

• Same here, GTX 460, and the puzzle just can't be solved :-/

Add Comment