User Avatar Image

OFFICIAL 'TF2 Unlocks questions' thread (was: Question about unlocks not in Steam)

posted by Blooglspash on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I plan on getting TF2 but I don't have it yet. The only problem is, I don't know if I'll still be able to get the items after I get TF2. Will I have to wait to play this game until I get TF2? Could someone please inform me on this matter?

Thanks,
Blooglspash

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Megaboz said: Gotcha. I will just have to win the stuff back. It stinks that it erases everything (money, tables, cards, etc) without giving you a warning though (unless I missed the warning, that is a possibility).

I think there isn't a warning since it was found out at the last minute that the tt version of the game doesn't transfer the items to TF2.

from the sounds of it, it seems like you redownloaded the TT version and add it to steam, which would still not work. You have to get the Steam version from this link:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks

Just log onto your TT account and then go to the site above to download the steam version for no additional charge.

• I double checked just to be sure - the steam version downloaded properly - I can run it from Steam and it did indeed install a second copy of the game under steamapps\common. However, it looks like the steam version still makes use of the same save game location maybe (e.g. HOME\documents\telltale games\Poker Night at the Inventory)? So when I ran it from steam, it erased by old saved game. That's what I'm guessing happened.

I guess I'm still confused though why the Telltale bought version has a button on the splash screen that says "Claim your TF2 items" if that button doesn't actually claim TF2 items you've won? I.e. why would the telltale downloaded version even allow you to win a TF2 item if that item was going to be deleted when you clicked the claim button? That part confuses me - it seems like a bug (unless that's what you're saying - that it was found out last minute that the saved games don't transfer at all, so the splash screen button is wrong in what it claims to do)

• User Avatar Image
    sl9

I've experienced a variation of the second bug. Like you I only had 1 card from the dealer (the other one was invisible and not possible for me to see it unless I go all-in). But unlike you it is the card on the left which goes invisible for me, whereas your invisible card seems to be the one on the right. This has happened to me quite a lot of times now, and it seems to be related to right-clicking just before the cards are dealt...

• @Megaboz said: I double checked just to be sure - the steam version downloaded properly - I can run it from Steam and it did indeed install a second copy of the game under steamapps\common. However, it looks like the steam version still makes use of the same save game location maybe (e.g. HOME\documents\telltale games\Poker Night at the Inventory)? So when I ran it from steam, it erased by old saved game. That's what I'm guessing happened.

I guess I'm still confused though why the Telltale bought version has a button on the splash screen that says "Claim your TF2 items" if that button doesn't actually claim TF2 items you've won? I.e. why would the telltale downloaded version even allow you to win a TF2 item if that item was going to be deleted when you clicked the claim button? That part confuses me - it seems like a bug (unless that's what you're saying - that it was found out last minute that the saved games don't transfer at all, so the splash screen button is wrong in what it claims to do)

It is a bug of some sort. During the last week of the game's release, Jake mentioned that because of how strange the stream intergration was and because of that, it did not allow one the items to be transferred from the TT version to TF2. That is why they were handling out the steam codes of the reg version for ppl bought the TT version after the game's release (they only give out the codes for preorder copies since that was the only way to get the visor.)

• Hi everyone,
    Well, this is a very bad day for me... One of my trusted friend send me a fake Steam Community link (steamcomnunity), I clicked, signed in, and got my account hijacked...

I contacted Steam Support and got the account back but.. unfortunately, all of my items in TF2 Backpack has gone...

All tradable items have been traded to another account.
    The rest... like the Iron Curtain, the Max's Ludermorph and License to maim... all of them were hit 'Deleted'...

I wonder how to get them back... I emailed steam support again. But I have a question just in case:If Steam can't help me to get those items back, can I just rebuy the Poker Night on Telltales, play it and reearn the items?

Please tell me because I preordered the game two months ahead... and all is gone. Thank you guy in advanced.

• Hi telltale and community friends.

So... I just logged onto my Poker Night at the Inventory thread, and everything I unlocked (TF2 items, decks, tables) is gone. I read previous posts saying their stuff was deleted when they tried to claim their items on steam, but I tried no such thing. I just stopped playing one night, and when I logged on today- nothing. Oh, my settings were also set back to default (not that that's a problem, I'm just trying to be thorough in decribing the results) So... I guess there's nothing that can be done about that, but its still disconcerning. I had just won the heavy's gun as well as the red team table, if it helps to decribe a trigger for it.

I apoligize if this bug has already been pointed out on another thread, I just figured I'd let you guys know. All right, thanks then!

• Same exact thing happened to me the other day. Thankfully I wasn't quite as far into the unlockables as you; I only had the Max Imp table to go with the Heavy's gun.

• How odd. I hope this isn't a wide spread problem, and you and I just stumbeled into a one time fluke- I'd hate to build my poker loot back up again just to have it wiped away.:(

• Out of curiosity, are your lost unlocks occurring in the same way that mine did?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20570

• @nkahoang said: Hi everyone,
    Well, this is a very bad day for me... One of my trusted friend send me a fake Steam Community link (steamcomnunity), I clicked, signed in, and got my account hijacked...

I contacted Steam Support and got the account back but.. unfortunately, all of my items in TF2 Backpack has gone...

All tradable items have been traded to another account.
    The rest... like the Iron Curtain, the Max's Ludermorph and License to maim... all of them were hit 'Deleted'...

I wonder how to get them back... I emailed steam support again. But I have a question just in case:If Steam can't help me to get those items back, can I just rebuy the Poker Night on Telltales, play it and reearn the items?

Please tell me because I preordered the game two months ahead... and all is gone. Thank you guy in advanced.

Sorry telltales version does not support the tf2 items. They said steam works in such an odd way that they couldn't add the items. So yeah sorry:( But isnt this in a way your fault for believing the fake website.

Add Comment