User Avatar Image

Most Difficult Episode

posted by Jwab on - last edited - Viewed by 253 users

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I was wondering which episode people found the most challenging? For me I think I'd have to say Chariot Of The Dogs - really enjoyed it overall but did find some of the puzzles pretty difficult

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 'Reality 2.0', actually. I was stuck for quite a long time; I struggled to get all of the coins and was really unsure as to where I could find one. I actually resorted to watching a commentary video in the hope of finding out what the heck I had to do (I try to avoid walkthroughs; they're an absolute last resort). I mean, if it was a game I really enjoyed, I might have worked up the motivation or had the encouragement to try every possible action in the game, but I can't say that 'Reality 2.0' was the most enjoyable episode of Sam & Max I've played (actually, I wasn't all that fond of Season 1 overall).

• I did almost all of Reality 2.0 by myself, but until my last replay of it I couldn't even imagine why the puzzle with the car was solved the way it was, then I actually paid attention to the letters on the cars and I felt stupid...

Honestly, I had to resort to a walkthrough for at least one thing in all of Season 1 and 2 though to be honest >__>

Hmm, I think the most difficult episode for me was 202 too, which made me dislike it more than the rest of the episodes, when I replayed it knowing what to do I actually enjoyed it more.

• @Hayden said: 'Reality 2.0', actually. I was stuck for quite a long time; I struggled to get all of the coins and was really unsure as to where I could find one. I actually resorted to watching a commentary video in the hope of finding out what the heck I had to do (I try to avoid walkthroughs; they're an absolute last resort). I mean, if it was a game I really enjoyed, I might have worked up the motivation or had the encouragement to try every possible action in the game, but I can't say that 'Reality 2.0' was the most enjoyable episode of Sam & Max I've played (actually, I wasn't all that fond of Season 1 overall).

heretic!
    But I have to agree on Reality 2.0 being quite hard.
    Still my favourite Sam & Max episode of all time.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: I believe beating Reel 1 without hearing the cucumber joke will make the game unwinnable.

I've tried this. I'm pretty sure that even if you beat Reel #1 you can still keep going back to it if you haven't heard the cucumber joke yet. Once you've heard it, then it closes off.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: I believe beating Reel 1 without hearing the cucumber joke will make the game unwinnable.

You couldn't return to a previous reel, when it was finished? I don't know myself, since I never tried. I examine and listen to everything (and still get stumped,do'h!) so I never had any misfortune to possibly run across an unwinnable situation. But seriously, there isn't any are there?

• Well, for fear of being beaten up by angry TTG employees, I'm NOT going to say that Hit the Road was the hardest Sam and Max game :D

Out of the 16 episodes, I had the most trouble with Moai Better Blues and Bright Side of the Moon. Season 3 was altogether two easy to pick a hardest episode.

• i would say episode 302 and 105 it took me hours to figure out what im doing wrong and the puzzles i missed out on??? ... i love season 1 and 2 .. season 3 didnt have enough Tougher puzzles like S1 and 2 did ... i liked S3 302 puzzle it felt like im playing S1 and S2 again =)

• @Edgy Grimdark said: I got properly stumped in 302, I didn't realize you had to switch between reels to solve puzzles.

this and

@Edgy Grimdark said: However, I think the most difficult thing was to watch credits roll on 305.

this

Add Comment