User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 27.9K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

448 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Here's something for you: If Max has a hive mind like the developers claim, and Max Prime is now gleefully messing around in Hell, could both Maxes communicate to each other via memories and the like? That would make for a pretty cool mechanic, too.

• Steve Purcell said in his blog the only continuity he needs is Sam and Max themselves, and that he's not worried about making new things fit into old.

And seeing how the Max in Poker Night remember his psychic powers just as he never died, it's pretty safe to say there's no point in debating if the Max we're going to hopefully see in Season 4 is "the real Max".

• Does he really remember them, though? The only reference I've seen him make to them so far was referring to them as a weird dream he had. Not that it really matters, but I'm picky that way.

• Well spoilers: he says like in three occasions that he can see your cards due to his psychic powers, or that his psychic powers are back but he's not using them to cheat, and he even gets out the future vision visor at some point

• I'd imagine the series will take a completely different spin, although loosely being based on some of the events in season 3!

• In Poker Night, "Past Max" references 204. So yeah. Nothing to worry about on that front.

• I had a dream about Season 4. Starts in the basement and Max is waiting in Desoto- now a space rocket. When Sam jumps in they launch off and it triggers a minigame where Sam tries to catch one of the stars in the galaxy to put it in his inventory.

Oh and the game didn't have a fixed camera.

• If max dies in the last episode, how does he come back from the time machine if he is really dead?

• @GeorgeC said: If max dies in the last episode, how does he come back from the time machine if he is really dead?

Play Season 2 Episode 4 to find out which timeline Max that is.

On in short, it's Max from a different timeline, Sam & Max messed up their own timeline and had to relive a year all over again as past Sam & Max stole the time machine.

• ****SPOILERS FOR 305 ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D BE HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THAT YET BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF PATHETIC****

I just realized something. At the end of 305, all of Max's powers except for the astral projection were shorted out when he was electrocuted. So does that mean his ghost would be able to possess the alternate timeline Max that replaced him after the credits? That...would be pretty awesome.

****END OF THE SPOILERS FOR 305 ALTHOUGH I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D BE HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEATEN THAT YET BECAUSE IT'S STILL PRETTY KIND OF PATHETIC****

Add Comment