User Avatar Image

The Card Game?????

posted by Inika_Unite77 on - last edited - Viewed by 511 users

There have probably already been topics about this, but....seriously.

Look at the bottom of the store's official Back to the Future page.
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/backtothefuture

Scroll all the way down to the bottom to "Some more products you might like..."

Does anyone else see a listing for "Back to the Future: the Card Game" for $0.00? (the link leads to the store home page, but I just wanted to check that this was legit)

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We sell this game at work (I work at a tabletop gaming store), it's been pretty popular and is a LOT of fun. It's all about keeping the timeline set up to benefit whichever character you're playing as, while preventing other players from changing it to suit their own needs.

• The card game is by Looney Labs and you can find more info on it here.

The game features a really fun system where you must affect certain key moments in the BTTF timeline (which covers all three films) and the changes you make ripple across other years.

You play as a descendant of Marty, Doc, Biff, and others, and you are trying to set the timeline to "your" version so that you aren't erased from existence. Once you do that, you have to stop 1955 Doc from falling off his sink while hanging the clock, thus un-inventing time travel (which is actually a huge paradox, but whatever).

I heartily recommend this game. It's fun, fast, and crazy. There are tons of in-game references to the trilogy and the game is easy to learn.

BTTFuture_contents.jpg

• I hope they put this on the Store before the 50% off deal is over.

• ^ Was hoping the same thing

• I possibly have slightly bad news for the people outside of the US, Canada, UK and Eire.

"Please note: Looney Labs did not obtain worldwide rights for this title, so as an official distributor, BTTF.com is not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire."

So unless Looney get their hands to release it worldwide before TellTale offers it a lot of people won't be able to get it.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Origami said: I possibly have slightly bad news for the people outside of the US, Canada, UK and Eire.

"Please note: Looney Labs did not obtain worldwide rights for this title, so as an official distributor, BTTF.com is not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire."

So unless Looney get their hands to release it worldwide before TellTale offers it a lot of people won't be able to get it.

That's when you ask a friend with a US shipping address to buy it for you.

• @Origami said: I'll bother Coolsome lol

Afraid not I live in the UK.

• [quote]not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire.[/quote]

hehe

• ooooooooh I missread now I have no excuse :P

Add Comment