User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 25.1K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

448 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Player_2 said:
    I just realized something. At the end of 305, all of Max's powers except for the astral projection were shorted out when he was electrocuted. So does that mean his ghost would be able to possess the alternate timeline Max that replaced him after the credits? That...would be pretty awesome.

Well, I did suggest that as a theory also. I personally think that it's a fantastic idea. Maybe it was too obvious in the writers' eyes? What I least expected was for Past Max to show up and have a HIVE MIND.That still bothers me a little- But eh, who can be sure... ;)

• @Gohaku said: --Why did Bosco need 20 thousand dollars?

Bosco and B.B. were epic failures at counting cards, so...presumably to save his knee caps.

Also, DeathSpank's sequel wasn't in development at the same time as the first, it was part of the freakin' first game that got chopped into a second. Go watch so of the videos for the first, you'll see locations from the second in there.

• User Avatar Image
    Fly

Without getting too in-depth/set-up-for-disappointment/fanfiction-y about it, did anyone else pick up on President Superball's line in 305 about his 'superiors'? It's probably a conspiracy theory gag, but I know I'm curious!

If they did go there, that would also have the benefit of, potentially, not being too far a step down from Satan and Elder Gods. You could do pretty much anything with that idea.

The only other idea I have is that, since Noir Sam was so popular, he'll show up again... which will probably mean something awful (but temporary) happens to Max.

ALSO I HAVE A GOOD FEELING IT WILL BE A POINT-AND-CLICK ADVENTURE GAME, GUYS.

• I'd like to see Sam and Max tackle onto some mad science in Season 4. They have used it on their side, but I'd love to see a mad scientist villain.

• I had a dream I was browsing the web and I was on the telltale site, and there it was : SAM AND MAX SEASON 4 OUT NOW!

I couldn't actually buy it though, then I woke up.

Damn

• Hopefully, TTG re-visit that intriguing plot thread at the end of season 2 - you know when the Devil says to "the bug" of a possible business arrangement.

I was slightly miffed that wasn't included in the Devil's Playhouse. Especially as it included two really underused characters who I thought would get a bigger spotlight that season. But I guess it was just a red herring (along with season 3's title and the Devil's appearance in 305) to sway gamers from the real villian. :(

• Spoilers for 305!!!

Personally, I wanna see the big bad as the "real" Max, who went to heaven thanks to his selfless act and, upon seeing that Sam has replaced him, goes into a freakout and enters an epic (player-controlled?) mode as he takes over heaven and sends various disasters his former friend's way. Of course, it will all be riddled with humor (Max: I die, and he just replaces me like some sort of goldfish? I'm gonna go on an online forum to complain about it and write a fix-fic about how it didn't happen!!), but still be pretty dark as Max sullenly forces Sam to make a choice.

Although if this does happen, my in-progress fic about this very scenario will be worthless.

• @SamXMax said: Spoilers for 305!!!

Personally, I wanna see the big bad as the "real" Max, who went to heaven thanks to his selfless act and, upon seeing that Sam has replaced him, goes into a freakout and enters an epic (player-controlled?) mode as he takes over heaven and sends various disasters his former friend's way. Of course, it will all be riddled with humor (Max: I die, and he just replaces me like some sort of goldfish? I'm gonna go on an online forum to complain about it and write a fix-fic about how it didn't happen!!), but still be pretty dark as Max sullenly forces Sam to make a choice.

Although if this does happen, my in-progress fic about this very scenario will be worthless.

I'd actually like to read that...post it when you're done? Please?

Because I'm a huge nerd, I'm already working on my OWN Sam-and-two-rival-Maxes fix.

Except for mine, it's not so much that the ghost Max is having a tantrum because he was replaced as that he's really lonely on his own and is trying to find a way to come back to life so that he can be friends with Sam again, even though he keeps getting warnings about trying to cling to the living world, and he tries using his astral projection to possess the living Max, and...yeah.

...I feel kind of embarrassed about admitting that.

• @Player_2 said: I'd actually like to read that...post it when you're done? Please?

Because I'm a huge nerd, I'm already working on my OWN Sam-and-two-rival-Maxes fix.

Except for mine, it's not so much that the ghost Max is having a tantrum because he was replaced as that he's really lonely on his own and is trying to find a way to come back to life so that he can be friends with Sam again, even though he keeps getting warnings about trying to cling to the living world, and he tries using his astral projection to possess the living Max, and...yeah.

...I feel kind of embarrassed about admitting that.

...what.

Also, there has to be another season. THERE JUST HAS TO BE.

Also this season had a disturbing lack of bosco.

Add Comment