User Avatar Image

Update in the works!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 999 users

You may wish to know...

We’re working on an update for Poker Night to (among other things) clarify how hands with side pots are being resolved. Currently, when multiple players go all-in with different chip totals, the winner of the largest pot (whether the Main Pot or the Side Pot) is being announced as winner of the hand (even when a smaller Main Pot is lost to the best hand). The pots are being divided correctly, but the messaging is causing some confusion. We’re working on making it more clear.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hassat Hunter said: They are TF2 players.

I think "common sense" got lost for most of them quite some time ago already. Instead fury over things like Valve's decision to drop down on wait-servers (oddly and conviently forgotten it seems), hatcollect pandamonium etc. took over...

I play (and mod!) TF2 quite a bit and I completely agree. A level TF2 player is a rare thing to come across.

• @Mullon said: Wait, where do you download the update when it comes out?

I was thinking the same thing but seeing as Jake said they'd start a new thread when it was finished, my guess is he'd put a link in the opening post. This will patch the game found on disk, if it exists.

• I've actually got sort of a technical question-- WHEN the Steam one gets up, how will we know? Will Steam let us know there's an update? I've never really used the program before :(

• @Musachan said: I've actually got sort of a technical question-- WHEN the Steam one gets up, how will we know? Will Steam let us know there's an update? I've never really used the program before :(

Steam will update it autimaticaly for you it will act as if it is installing the game again.

• If you happen to be at your computer when it downloads, Steam will have a different icon in your system tray and it will say it's downloading Poker Night when you mouse over it. It'll also pop up a little notification when the download completes. If you're not at the compy when it happens, though, you can check the Downloads tab (under Library) from within Steam; it'll be there until Steam is closed.

Aside from that there's no easy way to check for 100% sure that you've got the update that I know of other than running the game and checking the version number.

• Yeah, that delay is kinda annoying but... heck.. We're getting a update! Unlikely from EA Games or Activision, Telltale actually is fixing what the community said that needed to be fixed. Be glad that they listen to us!

I play TF2 and yes, most people in this game are trolls cry babies.

And just to know, the update was send to Valve? If yes, I think we are going to get the update in early Monday.

• @jp_rsardeto said: Yeah, that delay is kinda annoying but... heck.. We're getting a update! Unlikely from EA Games or Activision, Telltale actually is fixing what the community said that needed to be fixed. Be glad that they listen to us!

I play TF2 and yes, most people in this game are trolls cry babies.

And just to know, the update was send to Valve? If yes, I think we are going to get the update in early Monday.

Yeah a new person from poker night who isnt impatient.

• Woah, new table? That's freaking awesome. No wait, TWO NEW TABLES!

Unfortunately making new deck would probably take too much time, so I guess we won't see that one happening quickly.

• I am very glad for the update but I'm not going to get upset that's not on steam yet. I know people whine and complain about getting what they want and Telltale doesn't have to do anything with the game since everyone who cares about the update already owns the game. They're doing because they want to do it and they take pride in their work: something other companies should learn.

• I wonder if they would be willing to cut a couple lines of dialogue. I really don't like Max's weird "Cheeeeeeck" or Heavy's "Check check check, on my sandvich, cha cha cha" line.

Add Comment