User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Comrade Pants said: I watched five minutes of it - half the time of my video. HONOUR THE TERMS.

Either you repeated it 10 times continuously, or you are a liar. Either way you come across as some kind of maniac bastard

@Comrade Pants said: I don't think honour is a real word. And neither does my browser's spellcheck.

You guys write the date arse over foot, you think anyone's gonna trust your spellings as well?

• @Rather Dashing said: I don't think honour is a real word. And neither does my browser's spellcheck.

I hate you so much.

@Rather Dashing said: Either you repeated it 10 times continuously, or you are a liar. Either way you come across as some kind of maniac bastard

Who says I didn't? Because I did. Look, I'm fairly certain we all know I'm a maniac bastard anyway.

• He's a maniac, maniac on the floor

And he's dancin' like he's never danced before!

• @Rather Dashing said: He's a maniac, maniac on the floor

And he's dancin' like he's never danced before!

But he can't actually danc-

Oh I see what you did there.

@Rather Dashing said: I watched five minutes of it - half the time of my video. HONOUR THE TERMS.

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Someday you will all be on your deathbed.... and regret having watched those videos.

• @Irishmile said: Someday you will all be on your deathbed.... and regret having watched those videos.

I already do, especially since I didn't take pics.

• @Irishmile said: DC Universe online BETA... I think the nondisclosure prevents me from saying anything about it though.

On another forum I read someone posted that the NDA was lifted, and they've been talking about the Beta.

• SCREW YOU, VANITAS REMNANT.

DSC03465.jpg

And it only took me like 30 losses to beat him. My game clock went up a solid two hours from the attempt.

• @figmentPez said: On another forum I read someone posted that the NDA was lifted, and they've been talking about the Beta.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/note.php?note_id=10150345249240717&comments

Yep you are right ironically it was lifted today.

So my character is Silver Bullet, the game itself is pretty generic.. you never really feel like the world is alive or the cities are all that populated... almost everything seems broken.... even the chat sometimes censors needlessly like the word cool..... which is lame if you have ice powers and want to spout out some cheesy Arny style oneliners. Obviously it is just in Beta so some things are expected to be broken but not as much as there is so close to launch. My quest list is littered with missions I can not clear out because there are bugs... I couldn't add friends to a friend list... The art style is sort of hit and miss as well.... How you can have Jim Lee on staff and still create boring looking characters is beyond me but they managed to do it....

Now this all sounds nitpicky but If I am going to pay $15 a month to play I want something special.... I do not hate the game... I just do not particularly think its worth $15 a month... I was glad to have played the BETA because I pre-ordered... but I am really glad I only paid $5 on my pre-order because I will not be buying the whole game..

When the game goes live the Silver Bullet will be retiring from his short lived stint as a crime fighter in black and silver long underwear.

silverbullet.jpg

• So, Champians online anybetter? I was in the Beta for it, well invited, but forgot to use the code.

Add Comment