User Avatar Image

How much time does it take to play an episode?

posted by Trackah123 on - last edited - Viewed by 491 users

Hello.

Bit of an odd question because i know this is probably different for each person but ...

I was just wondering, whats the average gameplay time / estimate on each episode of the BTTF Game? Because i'm really looking forward to it. It's the thing i'm waiting for this month. :cool:

Just wanna know how long we can enjoy the wonders of BTTF per episode :D So we know whether these are short medium or long episodes.

Was hoping that one the Telltale Devs could give an answer to this (Well Kinda). :)

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What are you doing up so early. :D

I estimate the playing time around 8 hours?
    But I tend to take my time with games I like and explore every possible nook and cranny, hear all dialogues try all item combinations.
    I am going to take this more extreme with BttF probably, obviously since I am a fan of the franchise.
    I'll probably finish it twice too. I am probably going to have a blast exploring a universe I am so fond of.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Eight hours?? Jesus Christ Doc, how can you spend so much time on an episode? :D

Generally, the number is two to four hours per episode, and not more. You may hope for a replay value, though. I normally replay episodes at least once before the next one comes out. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: Eight hours?? Jesus Christ Doc, how can you spend so much time on an episode? :D

Generally, the number is two to four hours per episode, and not more. You may hope for a replay value, though. I normally replay episodes at least once before the next one comes out. ;)

I really struggle but at the same time enjoy puzzle games, it can take me 8-10 hours to play a Sam and max episode :o

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Then again, TTG has worked hard in the last four years to expand the gaming time per episode. While the early Sam & Max episodes were rather short, the later games managed to feel quite longer. Maybe we'll get an even longer episode with BTTF - or maybe these episodes are significantly shorter... we can't really know yet. ;)

• I usually complete TTG episodes at around the 4 hour mark, but spread out into two to four sessions - On the first time through, it's all about solving the puzzles and finishing the episode (to avoid too many spoilers on these forums) although I do explore and take my time a bit.

On a second play through, I like to do everything *but* solve the puzzle in order to hear the wonderful dialogue, and to try things that are completely nuts just to see if they do anything funny. Doing this with a "Did you try?" list to hand is often good too.

(Admittely I've not found time to re-play many of the games in the last few years, but may do so sometime in future when my memory of how to solve the puzzles has faded a bit :p)

• Me, about 3-6 hours per telltale episode.

• I usually range the same as JP 4-6.

• And then there's the 20+ hours between episodes discussing them (and speculating on the next episode) on the TTG forums, which is a significant part of the episodic experience.

:)

• I found that 2nd play.. if you skip dialog and know what you are doing (no walkthrough guide)

its about 30min-1hr per play for most telltale episodes
    thats what it took in testing about 1 hour.. and thats with bugs so...uhh

want to look at and do everything? longer! but they needed to add more filler in sam and max (each season had the same descriptions on items) oh look the same thing from episode 1... dull.. so I skipped most of the later season 1 views..
    took about 1hr or less. (but ive been known to test for .. the darkside) ahem sierra..
    beforrrrrrrrre the takeover! sheesh.

if you can beat a parser episodic game in 1hr hats off!
    (oooh new idea!) lol

• I don't really see how a 2nd playthrough time, skipping dialogue, is relevant.

Add Comment