User Avatar Image

Poker Night Update Available to everyone! Cleaned up, more compatible, 2 new tables!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 683 users

Poker Night Update!

The updated version of Poker Night at the Inventory has finally been made available to all customers, be it Telltale customers or Steam customers.

Telltale customers: Get the update from your Games Page.
(Note: If you downloaded the game from Telltale this past weekend, you probably already have the update.)

Steam customers: just restart Steam, and the update should start downloading.

What's new in the update?

[quote]Poker Night update, changes list:

Poker & Gameplay Fixes

* At the end of a hand, winners of the main pot and any side pots all announced individually. (Previously, only the winner of the biggest pot was announced.)

* Each round, the minimum raise starts at the big blind until someone raises, after which the minimum raise is the amount of that last raise.

* In heads up (one on one) play, the dealer is now the small blind and first to act pre-flop.

* If a someone folds and is part of a side pot, and after the fold only one person remains in the sidepot, the sidepot gets cleared and paid out to that one remaining person.

* The tutorial now automatically comes up once, the first time the game is played. It is still also available on-demand from the Poker Help screen.

* Players who have a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush or straight will now get the appropriate hand achievement even if everyone else folds to them in that hand.

* Fixed issue causing character tells to almost never play.

* Fixed issue causing only one of the player's hole cards to display when skipping dialog.

* Improved readability/consistency on the unlockable Strong Bad card deck.

* Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line.

----

Compatibility Fixes

* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen.

* Improved compatibility with Shader Model 2.0 graphics cards.

* Fixed cases of invisible and garbled text on the title screen and settings screen on some systems.

* Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)

----

Content

* Two new poker tables available on the Unlocks screen: “Poker Night,” and “Inventory Security”
[/quote]

Thanks and enjoy!

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OH HELL NO.

ALL OF MY UNLOCKS... GONE!

Sadness...

• @The Highway said: OH HELL NO.

Sadness...

You do know that while redownloading the game you are supposed to check the box that said keep all save files.

• @Gman5852 said: You do know that while redownloading the game you are supposed to check the box that said keep all save files.

I did that.

• User Avatar Image
    HoboStew Telltale Staff

@The Highway said: OH HELL NO.

Sadness...

Can you please clarify as to what exactly happened? You unlocked things on steam then installed the patch and now they are no longer unlocked?

• @HoboStew said: Can you please clarify as to what exactly happened? You unlocked things on steam then installed the patch and now they are no longer unlocked?

No, I have the Telltale version, I installed the new version after unlocking all tables, decks and TF2 items, I ticked "Please keep all my saved games and user preferences" and it decided "stuff it, I'll delete the saved games and user preferences anyway" and now, yeah.

• Well, same here. Decided to go to the unlocks screen since I had a regular table now. The Max Imp and 3rd table I unlocked displayed for a split second amongst the list before turning to ???'s and becoming unselectable. :(

Stats are cleaned too, but they really sucked anyways...

• BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS!

Steam version:

A - Finally (after 8 hours of play) got a FLUSH. I beat Strong Bad as part of the Main Pot, and he won a Side Pot against someone else (I forget who). I won the hand, but I did NOT receive my Steam achievement!

B - The Strong Bad card deck is still unreadable.

C - One you're in "one-on-one" mode, and the camera has moved around the table so you're opposite your opponent, if you press ESC to reach the menu and go back, the camera has reset to the original position. Now your opponent talks to where the camera USED to be.

• You guy should make an update for optional new characters. Like make a bunch of new dialogue and interactions between old and new characters depending on who you want in the game. Like, new characters would be sam, scout or another class, gave, and homestar. unlocks would be sams hat and gun, some item from another class, something from Gabe, and homestars hat. :D

• Paid DLC I assume (This would be one of the few games where that could work and not feel like you're being ripped off, unless they charge $5,- per char or something).

New chars is something else than new table's...

• So where are the 2 tables I dont see them anywhere?

Add Comment