User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.3K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Star Trek The Next Generation: First Contact 9.5/10 - This is still probably one of my favorite movies ever. Some of it might be nostalgia factor since I grew up with (and am still a huge fan of) Star Trek The Next Generation, but in general it's a very well constructed movie. The special effects are good, the action is tight and the character interactions are consistent and well handled. I love even the stupid crap down on Earth, like Troi getting drunk and Barclay being his usual spaz self. My one complaint would be that I felt everyone got an equally large role except for Crusher, which seems a bit unfair given she got shafted in terms of episode focus during the seven season run of the show, but even that is a fairly minor complaint.

This got me really missing Star Trek and is the reason I'm currently running TNG in the background as work on assignments. Now I feel like I should back up and run through all the Star Trek movies. Maybe I'll hate Star Trek the Motion Picture and the new movie less....And maybe I'll get the tide to turn back in and ride a unicorn to class.

• @VeronicanPlay said: Iron Man 2 - 9/10.

Lots of funny moments, action and great special effects.

Wow, you're easy to please, must be great even watching TV with this standard.

• I watched Iron Man 2 last.

I enjoyed it, and was quite entertaining as an action movie, and even though it's about a guy who wears a suit and flys around at supersonic speeds, it managed to stay somehow realistic and hardly cheesy at all!

• Just finished watching The Thief and The Cobbler: Recobbled Cut, and I have to say, its a very nice film.
    Admittadley I haven't been tainted with the other versions of it, so I took it as I saw it.
    Despite the inconsistency, (since it was composed of different versions), the animation was absolutely fantastic, (I just love the small details here and there, like zigzags shoes, and the use of tacks to convey Tacks emotions), the mix of styles blend very well and create something unique.

I'd give it a 8.5/10, not one of the greatest films I've ever seen, but still very good and highly recommended for everyone! :D

• @taumel said: Wow, you're easy to please, must be great even watching TV with this standard.

...why would you say that? I enjoyed Iron Man 2 also, and I usually hate superhero movies.

• Watched the new Chronicles of Narnia movie last weekend. I really liked it, pretty nice movie and adaptation. Oh, and thank ****ing god for character development, Eustace would make it unbearable to watch otherwise.

Oh, and damn, the religious elements get less subtle each time XD

• @DrRocketGenius said: ...why would you say that? I enjoyed Iron Man 2 also, and I usually hate superhero movies.

Because in my opinion relative to the first part or some of the other better superhero movies or movies generally this one had a couple of major flaws and giving it a almost perfect score therefore is overrated.

• Harry Potter 7, part I....not too bad....vote 6.5!

• A. Seven Samurai 8.5/10 (great film, especially for its time, nice characters but certain parts nowadays feel kind of aged).
    B. House of Flying Daggers 8.5/10 (what a beautiful and partly touching movie, just wow, a couple of memorable scenes, the story and dialogues could be better).

• Nice, you watched Seven Samurai.
    Amazing flick.

The last seconds of that movie were so powerful, you know the hills....

Add Comment