User Avatar Image

New BTTF website info - discussion (SPOILERS)

posted by markeres on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Some thoughts on the new info that was released on http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf tonight (I'll spoiler tag the rest of this post for those who don't want to know any info about the game before they play, and I encourage any posters after me to do the same):

- For months, I assumed that each episode would take place in a brand new time period, but now I guess that's not the case (that's the problem with assumptions, you make an ass out of... well, you know). It sounds like it'll be:

Ep. 1: 1931
Ep. 2: 1931
Ep. 3: 1986-A
Ep. 4: 1986-A and 1931
Ep. 5: ???

Honestly, I don't have any problems with this, since the first movie took place mostly in 1955, and the third mostly in 1885. So, it sounds like the game will take place mostly in 1931 and 1986-A. I guess doing four or five unique time periods would have just made the game and story too complicated to make.

- Who's the woman pictured on episode 4? Clara? It doesn't really look like her. A new character, then?

- I like Young Doc's voice better in the new sound clips than the ones we saw in the GameTrailers show. These new lines sound more Doc-ish to me.

- I still like George's voice.

- I'm lukewarm on Biff's voice, but only because the lines are of "Wimpy Biff". Once we hear "Bully Biff", I'll be able to make a better assessment. The concept art for Biff and Kid Tannen both look great, though.

- Doc's line about the tremendous explosion made me laugh, even though it probably wasn't supposed to.

- The description for episode 1 says that the DeLorean that reappears is the one that Marty "saw destroyed by a speeding train". So, it is the same DeLorean?!? That just makes things even more confusing than if it was a new DeLorean.

164 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In the concept art of Biff and Kid Tannen they look like a dog chewing a toffee.

• [quote]I'm taking the 'past, present, future' comment from the episode description as proof we'll get to return to 2015
    [/quote]

Doesn't necessarily have to mean we'll be heading to 2015.
    It could be they are referring to the future of any period you have visited in the game.
    Like 1986 being the future of '31. So the sentence could be interpreted that you are going back and forth through all periods.

• @jp-30 said: so KidBeyond not saying 'butthead' exactly like Tom Wilson doesn't bother me.

Yes, and also to be fair to him, we never heard "Wimpy Biff" say "butthead" in the movies, so we don't know how "Wimpy Biff" would say it. Now, if "Bully Biff's" "butthead" is off... then we have a problem.

@jp-30 said: In the concept art of Biff and Kid Tannen they look like a dog chewing a toffee.

And George McFly looks like he got hit in the face with a frying pan. But as we saw in the trailer, the 3D model looks fine. I wouldn't read too much in to the faces on the concept art.

• ^
    And people said Doc looks like a zombie. :D

• I find myself very critical of this new Biff. I feel that the voice actor is a slacker of the highest degradation. I'll not stand for such toddlewagging, harumph harumph harumph harumph, wot wot. It curls my whiskers, but I shall suffer through it because everything else looks to be of the highest caliber. Keep up the good efforts, mentlegen, gibbity gibbity.

699740-monocle_large.jpg

• @Origami said: Doesn't necessarily have to mean we'll be heading to 2015.
    It could be they are referring to the future of any period you have visited in the game.
    Like 1986 being the future of '31. So the sentence could be interpreted that you are going back and forth through all periods.

Like I said I'm jumping to conclusions out of sheer love for that time period :D

Heck I've been tempted to buy the back to the future hoverboard replicas for a while now.

But I think your right, however, if the 1930's is the only new time period for 5 episodes then I'm not going to be very excited, it isn't even that interesting a time period for me anyway, they could try a whole new century. But I guess it is limited to the United States history, so I guess we will never see Marty in the Edo period or the Momoyama period of Japan.

• Marty in the Edo period....wow....I do see that work somehow.

Owh and no I don't think 1931 will be the only period we'll be visiting and I am not ruling out a 2015 time period.
    In the Facebook Blitz Game you see images of a 1986, 1931, 1885 and 2015 Hill Valley.

• Why do both George and Marty say "Believe me, I can handle him"? A bit repetitive, eh? Especially since they're talking to each other about the same subject. :confused:

• A puzzle setup perhaps? The lines 'butthead' and 'try something' sound like they may be from a time based puzzles.

• The DeLorean still seems to be a wild card as to where it comes from. I know it says on the site that Marty sees the DeLorean he saw destroyed reappear, but there are far too many logistical problems with it being the same car.

Biff...ehh, I kinda wish it was Tom Wilson, but this guy isn't bad.

And that looks like Clara as the picture for Episode 4.

I'm getting the feeling that Doc was exploring something in the past and inadvertently began to undo history and sent for Marty to help get things back together. But we'll find out soon enough! :D

Oh, and AJ's "I hope you know what you're doin' Doc" is spot on perfect.

Add Comment