User Avatar Image

Who else is at a point that they don't care M.J. Fox isn't doing the voice?

posted by Origami on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Maybe this topic is redundant but I thought it was worth mentioning how TellTale delivered with the voice for Marty.

Remember a while back? Remember when we were so worried about who would do the voice of Marty? We wouldn't accept anyone other that M.J. Fox himself. Even for a while when AJ was cast some people had somewhat mixed feelings about it not being MJ himself.
But now....it all seems so natural for AJ LoCascio to be Marty. Everyone is glad and accepted it.
I haven't even read a post for a couple of weeks now expressing their disappointment that M.J. Fox isn't in it anymore or even any mention of him.
0_o Almost as if we're like 'Naah....we don't need MJ anymore. We have this other great guy." lol...
It's amazing how everybody unanimously now considers this new voice to be Marty's.
Just think about it for a sec...and be thankful :D.

Now let's hope we can see a repeat in that process with the voice of Biff. It's going to be somewhat harder though.

But props to TellTale for pulling this off.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Origami... I tend to agree with you on a lot of topics. But now you're just being silly... Nobody cares about Mj Fox ?! HE IS SICK. Aj is talented, he's a good replacement. But in NO way is he the "new" Marty ...

Now, for Tom Wilson, it's a whole différent matter. They didn't even contact him !!!! That's irrespectful ans I don't see why we should be ok with the new guy... ( actually I really don't mind myself, I think he's good, but I speak for Most people )

• Please don't twist what I said Strayth.
    I am not saying nobody cares about M.J. Fox.

It just doesn't bother me at the slightest he isn't doing the voice anymore though.
    And I am not saying AJ is the new Marty. Ofcourse we will always picture MJ.Fox when we see Marty. After all the in-game model is build to resemble him.

It's just that they managed to do the voice of Marty so well that there is never an instant that I am thinking 'Meh...this is not Marty.' There is just really nothing off with this games Marty for me.
    It's just THAT convincing imho.

• I just wished Eddie Murphy voiced Marty.

• Well id rather have Michael J. Fox be able to do it and do it, but if he can't, what's the point in argueing about it?

And i would never say "Nah... we dont need him anymore.". That would be kinda mean.

• ^
    It's only mean if you want to interpret it that way.

Okay this topic can be deleted. I was wrong. I guess I am the only one thinking about it this way.

• @Strayth said: Now, for Tom Wilson, it's a whole différent matter. They didn't even contact him !!!! That's irrespectful ans I don't see why we should be ok with the new guy...

1. Alan said they DID try to contact him. His agents didn't pass along the message.
    2. "Irrespectful" is not a word.
    3. The "new guy" has been in almost every Telltale game. We know he's talented, even if the imitation isn't perfect.

• AJ doing the voice of Marty is fine in my eyes, His voice acting is perfect for the role, its a TRIBUTE to MJ Fox. Imagine the honor it is. YOUR the guy that gets to continue the role of Marty and making BTTF be a continuing success. Thats no small order and that deserves a good deal of respect. =)

We all wish MJ Fox would be able to be the role again, but least he was contacted, and gave permission for telltale to use his likeness so the story can continue.

• first i thought otherwise, but actually martys voice done by aj is very confusing for me.

when i watched the trailer i saw aj's face in my mind everytime when marty was talking, not mj fox's.

i wish i would not know how aj looks like... damn you, internet, DAMN YOU!!

• @Origami said: It's only mean if you want to interpret it that way.

I guess so. You probably didnt mean it the way it sounded.

And AJ doing this is fine with me.
    Well i do think it's a shame that MJF cannot do it, but since it can't be helped...
    At least this way BttF can continue ... which is, you know ... awesome. :D

• @Cyphox

That is very sad to hear. I was under the impression people didn't have things like that.

Add Comment