User Avatar Image

Who else is at a point that they don't care M.J. Fox isn't doing the voice?

posted by Origami on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Maybe this topic is redundant but I thought it was worth mentioning how TellTale delivered with the voice for Marty.

Remember a while back? Remember when we were so worried about who would do the voice of Marty? We wouldn't accept anyone other that M.J. Fox himself. Even for a while when AJ was cast some people had somewhat mixed feelings about it not being MJ himself.
But now....it all seems so natural for AJ LoCascio to be Marty. Everyone is glad and accepted it.
I haven't even read a post for a couple of weeks now expressing their disappointment that M.J. Fox isn't in it anymore or even any mention of him.
0_o Almost as if we're like 'Naah....we don't need MJ anymore. We have this other great guy." lol...
It's amazing how everybody unanimously now considers this new voice to be Marty's.
Just think about it for a sec...and be thankful :D.

Now let's hope we can see a repeat in that process with the voice of Biff. It's going to be somewhat harder though.

But props to TellTale for pulling this off.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seeing how AJ LoCascio probably does a better voice for Marty than MJFox could do even if he was healthy, I don't really mind the fact that MJFox doesn't voice Marty.
    And furthermore, I have grown up with the German dubs anyway, so MJFox isn't even the "real" Marty voice for me.

• first i thought otherwise, but actually martys voice done by aj is very confusing for me.

when i watched the trailer i saw aj's face in my mind everytime when marty was talking, not mj fox's.

i wish i would not know how aj looks like... damn you, internet, DAMN YOU!!

Yeah me too, they made too many interviews with him. And since I'm watching Spin City at the moment (and AJ sounds nothing like this MJ), it doesn't help.

1. Alan said they DID try to contact him. His agents didn't pass along the message.
    2. "Irrespectful" is not a word.
    3. The "new guy" has been in almost every Telltale game. We know he's talented, even if the imitation isn't perfect.

1. Well I didn't know about that, sorry then.

2. I'm not a native english speaker, sorry for the mistake, though I'm pretty sure you got what I meant.

3. He never voiced Biff. Thus, he's the new guy voicing Biff. O_o I never said the guy wasn't talented, I said he's not Tom Wilson. Obviously they weren't gonna pick a talentless guy who's never done any voice acting before... How is that wrong in any way ? Please tell me I'd love to actually know.

Seeing how AJ LoCascio probably does a better voice for Marty than MJFox could do even if he was healthy

What ?

It's not as if Mj Fox had a totally different voice right now ...

Hearing him on talk shows or Spin city, even if he has a slightly deeper voice, it's still pretty much the same voice ...

• The Wallace and Gromit games by TellTale didn't feature Peter Sallis (Wallace), but the stand in sounded just like him. I expect BTTF to be the same and most people probably won't even realize it's not Michael J Fox as Marty. TellTale are perfectionists, remember.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Origami said: Maybe this topic is redundant

Yes! Yeeesss! YEEEEEESSS!!

• I don't think the non-involvement of MJF is an issue... it was always going to be doubtful that he would take part, all things considered. On the other hand -

there's one character unrevealed on the website. All we see is a sillouhette (sp) which looks very like Marty. Perhaps alternative/evil Marty from another timeline? Perhaps he might only appear briefly, with a slightly different voice?!

@Angel Summoner said: The Wallace and Gromit games by TellTale didn't feature Peter Sallis (Wallace), but the stand in sounded just like him.

I thought he was very good, but the voice came and went a bit. Although - is it true that Telltale didnt case him per se, but that he was Aardman's official stand-in, voicewise, for Sallis, already?

As to this business with Tom Wilson, I don't think it's worth our speculating and apportioning "blame". There is a story that Paul McGann's agent (NOT Janet Fielding, though) refused to pass on offers from Big Finish to reprise the 8th Doctor on audio - the first he knew of it, it is alleged, was when he answered his agent's phone!

• @tredlow said: I just wished Eddie Murphy voiced Marty.

second!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@tredlow said: I just wished Eddie Murphy voiced Marty.

So you want that to finally happen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg6YEqWskrQ#t=0m23s

• @Strayth said: 3. He never voiced Biff. Thus, he's the new guy voicing Biff. O_o I never said the guy wasn't talented, I said he's not Tom Wilson. Obviously they weren't gonna pick a talentless guy who's never done any voice acting before... How is that wrong in any way ? Please tell me I'd love to actually know.

You said you didn't see why we should be okay with Andrew as Biff; a statement that came off as attacking to a man who's just doing his job. I'm merely saying his relationship with Telltale and the other roles we liked him in is a good reason to at the very least tolerate him.

• I may be attacked now that I say it, but... to hell with Wilson. I respect the actor, don't get me wrong. But. TellTale tried to get him, TellTale, regretfully, didn't manage to get him for one reason and another (the reason itself is irrelevant at the moment), they got Andrew Chaikin, who's a very good actor nontheless. End of story.

Adam Harrington was sucker-punched with LeChuck in the name of fan-service (thankfully, his role was minimal in Chapter 1 of Tales), but Tannens will clearly play a MUCH bigger role straight from the early parts of the game, meaning that Andrew most likely worked hard and recorded a lot already. Sucker-punching him in the name of fan-service too will be a very harsh, disrespectful, and inappropriate thing to do, so I hope TellTale won't do it.

Add Comment