User Avatar Image

Poker Night Update Available to everyone! Cleaned up, more compatible, 2 new tables!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Poker Night Update!

The updated version of Poker Night at the Inventory has finally been made available to all customers, be it Telltale customers or Steam customers.

Telltale customers: Get the update from your Games Page.
(Note: If you downloaded the game from Telltale this past weekend, you probably already have the update.)

Steam customers: just restart Steam, and the update should start downloading.

What's new in the update?

[quote]Poker Night update, changes list:

Poker & Gameplay Fixes

* At the end of a hand, winners of the main pot and any side pots all announced individually. (Previously, only the winner of the biggest pot was announced.)

* Each round, the minimum raise starts at the big blind until someone raises, after which the minimum raise is the amount of that last raise.

* In heads up (one on one) play, the dealer is now the small blind and first to act pre-flop.

* If a someone folds and is part of a side pot, and after the fold only one person remains in the sidepot, the sidepot gets cleared and paid out to that one remaining person.

* The tutorial now automatically comes up once, the first time the game is played. It is still also available on-demand from the Poker Help screen.

* Players who have a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush or straight will now get the appropriate hand achievement even if everyone else folds to them in that hand.

* Fixed issue causing character tells to almost never play.

* Fixed issue causing only one of the player's hole cards to display when skipping dialog.

* Improved readability/consistency on the unlockable Strong Bad card deck.

* Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line.

----

Compatibility Fixes

* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen.

* Improved compatibility with Shader Model 2.0 graphics cards.

* Fixed cases of invisible and garbled text on the title screen and settings screen on some systems.

* Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)

----

Content

* Two new poker tables available on the Unlocks screen: “Poker Night,” and “Inventory Security”
[/quote]

Thanks and enjoy!

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @theinternetftw said: Since the new update, I have a strange NEW problem. After the telltale intro, the game freezes for around 15 seconds on a black screen. Didn't happen before, happens now.

It's not a problem, they're now pre-loading the entire game before it begins (instead of when you press NEW GAME).

• I JUST LOST ALL MY PROGRESS :(

I'm a wee bit miffed that I've just lost EIGHT HOURS of progress. *sob* EVERYTHING (score, unlocks, character items) have been reset.

Here's exactly what I did:

I originally installed TTG's version (not Steam version) because Jake assured us that it would have the Steam achievements. I played it briefly, realised it didn't have them, and downloaded the Steam version.

The Steam version continued my previous game no problem... I kept my score and unlocks, and got achievements. Woo!

I then continued to play the Steam version for eight hours in total (not in one sitting, lol). I got the patch when it came, etc. All good.

Then today, I accidentally loaded the TTG version from the icon on my desktop (I forgot to uninstall it). The TTG Loader appeared, and I immediately realised what I had done and shut it down. (I did not click "Launch Game"!)

I then went into Steam and booted the game through that. It remembered my resolution settings (playing in a window) and I clicked on "Play Game". It asked if I wanted to continue my previous tournament... I said "yes". I noticed the cards and table had reverted back to the original two... I pressed ESC to look at my stats and they'd all been erased. As had my character items. I clicked the UNLOCKS tab and for a few seconds it showed all the tables I had previously unlocked, and then removed them and gave me just the two you start with.

I looked into my C:\Users\Johnny\Documents\Telltale Games\Poker Night at the Inventory folder and found the two save files.

My pnati_save.save had NOT been modified since my last play (ie it had been modified several days ago).
    My prefs.prop HAD been modified when I had booted the game (ie. 20 mins ago).

Help!

• Allright Telltale, what the fuck? I suffered from this bug again, I've lost my stats / unlockables again. When I've lost the tournament and I've chosen to watch the rest of the game. Then I've quited. But the next time I've launched the game it deleted all my progress, my settings and asked if I want to start new tournament or to continue the old one. I've tried to continue but my saves were already lost.
    This is the second time this shit happens to me, first time was before patch.

None of the bugs (first one about how stats are collected) that I've pointed out on this forums were fixed. I'm loosing motivation to continue to play and unlock all tables and card decks again.

• I've lost my stuff as well. WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE? is it even possible toget my stuff back? By that i mean is it possible for a patch to bring it back?

• oh even better now the game lags so much that it was almost impossible for me to move the mouse and keep track of it, this is stupid. the unlocks menu has my stuff on there for a minute but it disapears for no reason. WHY DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?

• Im actually feeling sorry with telltale.
    This is their buggiest game to date, and this is also the game they choose to add tf2 items in adding the noobs at the tf2 forums.

• okay I have to admit the game itself isn't bad, it's just gotten incredibly buggy lately and has seemed to wipe all of my stuff except my current tournament.*SOB* those items were harder to get than i thought they would be! (curls up into fetal position)

• You guys are so unlucky. I installed v2 today and DID NOT lose my previous stats/tables. Everything worked fine.

My suggestion: backup your save/prefs folder every time you play the game now... that way it'll always be possible to restore it to the last time you played.

• @Molokov said: You guys are so unlucky. I installed v2 today and DID NOT lose my previous stats/tables. Everything worked fine.

My suggestion: backup your save/prefs folder every time you play the game now... that way it'll always be possible to restore it to the last time you played.

Yeah I haven't experienced a single glitch. Im just lucky like that:p

• I curse you both. does anyone know when telltale will get around to fixing these issues?

Add Comment