User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • True. The only two christmas specials that have really been any good (up to the standard of regular episodes) are "Voyage of the Damned" and "End of time Part one".

Oh, and the new Doctor who iOS game is out on the app store. It'll be out on android next year. The user reviews seem pretty positive!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

On that note, has anyone played the Wii or DS games that came out recently? I keep meaning to rent them, but there's so many other games out there..

• @Darth Marsden said: On that note, has anyone played the Wii or DS games that came out recently? I keep meaning to rent them, but there's so many other games out there..

I still haven't I keep meaning to pick up the DS version (as the wii version looks incredibly bad), but I don't have the time.

Has anyone booked tickets to see the doctor who experience yet? It runs from february until November. I'm going to be going sometime with a friend

• @Darth Marsden said: On that note, has anyone played the Wii or DS games that came out recently? I keep meaning to rent them, but there's so many other games out there..

I've got both of them, but only played the DS one so far (my brother's got my Wii at the mo).
    It's alright. Really short, really easy (except for the puzzle that's actually wrong!), and the story kinda falls apart at the end. But it's enjoyable for what it is.
    Hopefully the BBC can find a better company to handle their next game/s.

• I wouldn't trust them to do that. The company they used produced the last (pre adventure games) Doctor who game, which was really, really bad.

I bought the Ipod game yesterday, and it's pretty decent, for £2.50. It's basically a bunch of block/switch puzzles, which have to be done whillst dodging the various enemies. Both the characters have unique abilities (the doctor can climb over certain walls, and push blocks, whilst amy can climb through passages and walk over fragile ground.). I

Also, when your character gets killed, they regenerate, which would have been a nice touch, if the same effect hadn't been applied to Amy aswell. Odd.

• @Friar said: Also, when your character gets killed, they regenerate, which would have been a nice touch, if the same effect hadn't been applied to Amy aswell. Odd.

Odd? Or forshadowing!?

• @linorn said: Hopefully the BBC can find a better company to handle their next game/s.

I'm sadly starting to think that we'll never see a decent Doctor Who adventure game. Not as long they will only be financed by the British television licence fee.

• @coolsome said: Odd? Or forshadowing!?

Amy is actually the Rani. I'm calling it now. :D

• @Alcoremortis said: Amy is actually the Rani. I'm calling it now. :D

Every female companion has been The Rani at some point or another :)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@coolsome said: Every female companion has been The Rani at some point or another :)

Can you think of a more perfect disguise for her? Studying the Doctor at such close range? Think, man! It all makes sense! ;)

Add Comment