User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Last level of Bad Company 1 then to start BadCompany 2 and hopefully finish it up to play Vietnam before break, story mode and arcade mode of BlazBlue a long with lots of practice (hoping to level up online to above 40 by end of winter break), Knights in the Nightmare, Uncharted 1, Cross Edge, and Brutal Legend online. Yeah, it's Winterbreak time.

• Several!

Finally finishing up ToMI--on the final episode.

Trying to return to Mass Effect, which I ignored for a bit after being burnt out on the Rachni mission, terrible team AI, and Mako side stuff.

The Drag-On Age...kidding. I luvs it, but I was annoyed by how easy it was to completely miss out on 2 early party members (leaving me rogue-less for the rest of my playthrough, since Zevran was too much of a creep to want in my party), the sometimes stilted party AI (made a bit more annoying since the tactics aren't perfect and weren't explained that well in tutorials), the failure to really communicate how hard Brecilian Wilds/Ruins is if heading there after Lothering, and Orzammar all together (minus Oghren).

• Hmmm, lets see. Now that I'm on Winter Break for a month I have the time to play games. So far, I seem to be packed with:

-Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (I'm just a few puzzles short of finally beating the game!)
    -Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space (Currently on Episode 4)
    -Epic Mickey (Just got it, holy cow it's amazing)
    -Re-playing ToMI with my sis (I'm more of a hint system for her, I'm letting her play it; she's currently on Ep. 3)
    -Portal (I honestly need to finish the darn game)

...Yeah, looking kinda busy for the next month.

• Baldur's Gate (PC). Well I will be once I've installed a few things to make it easier to play on a modern computer.

I've also have been putting a fair bit of time into Lord of the Rings Online, as it's free play option is perfect for someone like me who can't afford a monthly subscription and probably wouldn't play it enough to justify the cost anyway.

• ToMI 4 the trial and execution of Guybrush Threepwood

• @corruptbiggins said: Baldur's Gate (PC). Well I will be once I've installed a few things to make it easier to play on a modern computer.

Awesome game. It works fine on my Windows 7 PC, what problems do you have?

• No problems in actually running it, I just wanted to be able to change the resolution and found a good thread on GOG that detailed a way to make it run on the Baldur's Gate 2 engine as well as changing the resolution to a widescreen one and a few other fixes.

Add Comment