User Avatar Image

You Don't Know Jack (quiz teaser episode - post your score) -new game out today

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 704 users

The 1990s classic quiz game is coming back in February for Xbox, PS3, Wii, DS & PC, and they have a teaser episode up on their website here;

http://www.youdontknowjack.com/episodes/e1/index.html

Post your score from your first playthrough. I started poorly, but picked it up towards the end;

$18,614

Your turn...

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh, wow!! I had no idea that was a muppet. I was thinking like chemistry beakers... :D

• He is a chemistry Beaker. ;)

• Ahh I used to love YDKJ, despite its very US-centric questions (which confused the hell out of non-Americans who'd never seen some of the TV shows referenced)

• Though generally the pop-culture is just a premise set up for the actual question. See the '2 Girls One Cup' reference in the first of this episode as a prime example - you don't have to know of its existence to answer the question about volume measurements.

• Ahh that was fun.

Final score $20,415.

And yes, 3 out of the 7 rounds were very US-centric (measurement of a cup in pints? I know it's 250mL.) I got two of them right purely by guessing... And no, it wasn't the pints one.

• You don't have to know what the actual mascots look like to answer the 2nd (or 3rd?) question either (which I didn't realise until too late), just the animals they represent.

• @Molokov said: Ahh that was fun.

Final score $20,415.

And yes, 3 out of the 7 rounds were very US-centric (measurement of a cup in pints? I know it's 250mL.) I got two of them right purely by guessing... And no, it wasn't the pints one.

I got stuck on the cup one - I knew it was 250mls but not sure of pints. Afterwards I realised if I hadn't been in a hurry, I did know that 600mls is around a pint, so I should've got it if I'd thought about it...

• @jp-30 said: Though generally the pop-culture is just a premise set up for the actual question. See the '2 Girls One Cup' reference in the first of this episode as a prime example - you don't have to know of its existence to answer the question about volume measurements.

British cups are different to American. I only remembered this after putting in my answer!

• Long ago, before Telltale Games was my PC-game addiction (and thankfully holding steady), it was Jellyvision and their series of 'You Don't Know Jack' games. It was truly the 1st game that had me rolling, almost every time I played it. (because there was so much content and funny dialog, there was always something new everytime you played)

Now, I never really considered myself a 'trivia game' fan, but there was something about YDKJ that made me come back for more. Even though it doesn't have much in terms of 'graphics' (just a bunch of text, and some dancing numbers, I guess) the amount of dialog throughout the whole game more than made up for it (which is kinda what I like about Telltale games, lots of funny dialog in every game). Lots of times, I chose the wrong answers, just to hear what the host would say.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who is a fan of the series? Even thought that was about a decade ago ('95 - 2000), do you guys remember it?

Add Comment