User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - 8/10

I enjoyed this far more than I expected I would given the premise. The story and dialogue was great and I was never bored playing it. Will eventually play though the other games in the series.

• Comic Jumper: The Adventures of Captain Smiley - 7/10

This is, without a doubt, the funniest game I've played all year. Bar none. Sorry Telltale, Sam & Max came a good second, but Comic Jumper has the most wonderfully childish yet dark sense of humour I've ever come across in a game.

Unfortunately, the whole 'game' aspect is where the problems lie. It's basically a 2D sidescroller where you move with one control stick and control which direction you shoot with the other stick. Which is fine in practice, but the game decides that 'increased difficulty' means 'more enemies with their projectile attacks that are nearly impossible to dodge'.

So while the demo level (the first one) gives you a good example of how the game plays, it utterly fails to give you a grasp of how difficult it is. And it is difficult. Especially on the Manga levels, where everything's in black-and-white and you can't even see the projectiles half the time. This is not conducive to good gameplay. This is just clusterf**king.

When it's good, it's brilliant. When it's not, it's an anger-inducing smorgasboard of frustration. And that's how I'd sum up the game in three words. A hilarious clusterf**k.

Also, the 'He Ain't Even Married' achievement can go f**k itself.

• Poker Night. 8/10

Funny, and very realistic (character animations are impressive), but nothing more than a hilarious poker game.

@Origami said: Believe me, the ending is the payoff.
    It's so great and epic. I really want to spoil but can't. :D
    And now Gamespot states AC: Brotherhood's ending is even more crazy. Hard to believe.

I'm at the point where I have to find those damn codex pages. Gonna take a while. And I'm NOT buying Brotherhood until I finish AC2.

• Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS) - 9/10

I loved Hotel Dusk and was ecstatic when I heard that there was going to be a sequel and after playing it I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I think I'll actually read the novel that unlocks as you play the game now. And I hope that there will be another game in this series in the not too distant future.

• Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: 9/10

The best entry in the series so far. It did a great job as a prequel, it was finally a full-featured Kingdom Hearts game on a portable, and the Command Deck system is the best control scheme the series has seen so far.

• Splinter Cell: Conviction 6/10

I thought it was too action oriented and the story was kinda bland

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 9/10

Loved it. It improved on the already-great Assassin's Creed 2, and the multiplayer is neat, too. The ending, however, was more of a "WWWWWWHHHYYYYYYYY?!" this time instead of a "What." like AC2's. I preferred AC2's.

• I just finished the second half of the Dragon Knight Saga, Flames of Vengance.

And it was a blast, perfect ending to the cliff hanger ending to the first half. (Ego Draconis)
    I was a little disappointed that I didn't play as the Dragon that much, as I love Dragons and some of my favourite time spent in the first half.
    But that doesn't grade down from the fact that the game has a gripping story, and really funny gags through out the entire game. The quests was really nice thought up, and the mind reading ability was better used in the second half, as it's useful every time you talk to someone and gives you more options to finish a quest.

So I will grade it a full 10/10, it's an amazing game, and I have to play it though again as there was a lot of things I missed the first time around.
    There is always something new to experience in the game, and there are many ways to play it and develop your character.

I can't wait till the next instalment, and see what Larian Studios comes up with next. :)

• God of War II - 8.5/10

Great game, but I definitely felt that it dragged along in places. Much more interesting than God of War I.

• Braid on OSX 9/10. Still a awesome game, i really did succeed with da keys. It wonder how fine it runs on Linux.

Add Comment