User Avatar Image

Problems with login/ unlock/ reinstall/ Windows 7 (merged threads)

posted by rfc on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hi,

my system: W7 Pro 64bit.

I downloaded bttf_101_setup.exe , I selected English language (my system is German). I install the game on E:\Games\Back ... Game\ . I start it, all on screen text is in German ?? I click "Spielen", it crashes with:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2197&stc=1&d

I've let the installer check for DirectWhatever and it didn't feel like updating. I've a HD 5970 and the 10.12 drivers.

I close it, start again. Log in again, click again on the button and it says it downloads Episode 1. Wtf, thought I just installed that?

Download goes quick, I get a new installer titled "Episode 1 Setup", weird, just thought I did that.

I look in my installed software and of course it's there, start menu entry is also there, it *is* installed.

I don't know how to proceed from here, installing it over itself again doesn't sound good to me.

Any ideas, support, anyone?

Achja, and I don't want that German, I just want everything in English please.

138 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i installed it just fine. but i thought we had to put in the serial number. i never had to do that.

• Same here.. Another preorder :P

• Hi,

I've just installed the game (during which time DirectX complained at me, but I can't blame you for that). When I started the application I made sure to turn off any popups, hints, goals... anything which could help me. But it keeps telling me to do stuff... suggesting that I click things. Is this a bug or are you making your games easier?

Also, when I re-open the launcher it has forgotten my logon details and insists on redownloading the software. Surely I don't have to download 400MB everytime I start it?

Please help. Normally your software is of a very high quality and I don't experience any glitches. Am I just really unlucky this time?

Thanks.

• Well i've emailed Telltale, i guess we just wait now......

• Not sure if it's because I restarted my computer

OR because I unplugged my 2nd monition

but it works now ! :D

• @Davejb said: Same issue, Win 7 X64, Nvidia GTX260, single monitor. Installed the game, it downloaded again and installed a second time, now I click on play and nothing happens.

Running Vista and I had the same problem. It seems to want to re-download the game from the start screen every time you start??

• User Avatar Image
    rfc

Yes, I'm also using Dual-Monitor. I was never asked for any serial so far, only to log in.

I downloaded it again right now, still the same file, checked the MD5 hash.

Uninstalled/installed it again, it did start. On screen language was still German.

The game itself was only a small window (on my 1600x1200), so I went straight into the settings, adjusted them. Since the resolution did not adjust, I quit.

I was in front of the launcher again, but I could not just launch it, the previous button "Spielen" was now "Online Community" and always opened some telltale game page.

I quit the launcher, started it again, clicked on "Spielen" and it started to download the same installer again. I found out it gets saved to C:\Users\\Documents\Telltale Games\Episode 1\ .

I'm stuck here, again it always wants to download the installer again. I can delete the "Episode 1" directory in my user dir, then I've to log in again and it just starts downloaded the installer again.

I waited for the whole download within the launcher, compared it to what I've downloaded twice: it is the same binary.

• Mines just been updated, thankyou Telltale for the quick response!!

• Further to my previous rant...

When I let the software download itself again, it tries to install and (obviously) complains that all of the files are in use. So I press ignore a lot, and the install completes but the launcher sits at "Installing".

I made the mistake of clicking the "Installing" button again, and it's now download itself again.

I tried running the episode 1 exe independently but it just brings up the launcher.

This is shambolic.

Add Comment