User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.0K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LuigiHann said: That title makes me frown. It's almost like a pun but more... redundant.

Do Vash Narada live in other Vash Narada's shadows?

• See that's the other thing, I don't think they actually cast shadows so much as that they resemble shadows. Bah.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yeah, 'Shadows' is probably the best of the four. Only real complain (apart from all the damned stealth, but that's more a personal grudge then anything else) is the sheer size of the base. So... many... corridors... It's like after 'TARDIS' and its pathetic two rooms, they decided to overcompensate here. Also, the ending is a massive anticlimax. But meh.

And the Vashta Nerada live in the shadows.

• Hey, who turned out the lights?

Also: No one has said Peter Davison yet sad face.

• @swedish_jedi said: The gameplay looks horrible on the Wii. Makes you wonder why they had to overcomplicate things like this too use the Wii-controls.

The first thirty second of that footage is enough to reach into the screen and knock the Doctor's oversized noggin off his shoulders. That's before even discussing the annoying "TAKE COVER!!!" and the awkward physics of something simple as walking. Morally offensive to gamers and DW fans everywhere.

• @StLouisRibs said: Hey, who turned out the lights?

Also: No one has said Peter Davison yet sad face.

Wow. I hadn't noticed that! He's my second favourite Doctor too.

In other news, The eigth doctor adventures have started airing on the radio again. One's available on the iplayer now (although, it's the second part of an episode).

• Good news, American people! From a recent interview thing:

"And plans are in the works for season six of "Doctor Who" to be broadcast the same day in the United States as well, said de Croce."

• @Friar said: He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times).

I think they've got rid of the limit on regens now. It was a limit placed by the Time Lords, and since they're not around any more the Doctor can regen as many times as he likes - as far as I remember, anyway.

@Friar said: ...Midnight is actually one of my favorites. I love the trapped feeling and the fact that it is one of the very few Doctor Who stories where the villain is never revealed.

Midnight was a great episode, all the better for being a single-room story for most of the time. It was incredibly tense, helped by some decent acting. Of course, it was scripted for budgetary reasons. Because there were lots of big budget, effect-laden episodes, they needed to write one that didn't cost much. Midnight was the result.

@Friar said: Yes!! Christmas is now officially "Doctor Who Day" for me.

Instead of saying "one more sleep till Christmas," all day I've been saying "one more sleep till Doctor Who Day"!

• Playing Mazes of Time on my phone.

Amy Pond: I can't push this block, even if I could it would be unladylike

Since when would Amelia Pond worry about being lady-like?

• @Remolay said: Playing Mazes of Time on my phone.

Amy Pond: I can't push this block, even if I could it would be unladylike

Since when would Amelia Pond worry about being lady-like?

Whats unlady like about pushing blocks?

Add Comment