User Avatar Image

Plotholes/ continuity errors/ anachronisms in the game (spoilers!)

posted by Origami on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

In the beginning when the DeLorean appears, shouldn't Biff and George be curious as to what that sound is?!

Also when Marty goes downtown is it responsible to leave the DeLorean unattended like that?


Just some minor issues I'd thought I discuss here. Doesn't really bother me though. I think it's because of the pacing of the story, the game only really starts when you arrived in the new era.

538 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CartoonistWill said: But I think all of this will actually be explained in the second episode.

    I think you're probably right :)


    As for interfering with Emmet's life as a scientist, I actually think it made him believe in himself more. If he was feeling that dejected about it I don't think he would've called after Marty to tell him about the throttle, and wouldn't have smiled like that. I think he was disappointed about the patent, but realised that someone needed him and his invention, and that someone also helped him finally stand up to his father, so he would actually become more confident as a scientist. Also, the way events occurred originally, Emmet never even heard back from the patent company at all, so wouldn't that have left him feeling more dejected?

  • i found another "problem"

    its where doc states that marty cant go back and rescue doc before he gets in jail

    doc says: "blah, the time continuum would be destroyed, blah" but thats bullsh, what about different timelines that will be created when history is changed?? doc explained this very precisely in bttf part2.

    edit: OMG, this means the whole game, all 5 episodes are a lie and would never happen that way in the real bttf-universe.

    is it too late to cancel my order??

    ...

    just kidding....

  • @Rade88 said: As for interfering with Emmet's life as a scientist, I actually think it made him believe in himself more. If he was feeling that dejected about it I don't think he would've called after Marty to tell him about the throttle, and wouldn't have smiled like that. I think he was disappointed about the patent, but realised that someone needed him and his invention, and that someone also helped him finally stand up to his father, so he would actually become more confident as a scientist. Also, the way events occurred originally, Emmet never even heard back from the patent company at all, so wouldn't that have left him feeling more dejected?

    Exactly. Emmet stood up to his father AND completed a (relatively) successful invention earlier than he would have before. That will likely have an effect on his performance at the Expo. While the original Doc had a spectacular failure at the Expo, the new more self-confident Emmet may find it a spectacular success. And it may be that lack of a humbling experience that leads to the events hinted at in Citizen Brown.

  • @Cyphox said: i found another "problem"

    its where doc states that marty cant go back and rescue doc before he gets in jail

    doc says: "blah, the time continuum would be destroyed, blah" but thats bullsh, what about different timelines that will be created when history is changed?? doc explained this very precisely in bttf part2.

    edit: OMG, this means the whole game, all 5 episodes are a lie and would never happen that way in the real bttf-universe.

    is it too late to cancel my order??

    ...

    just kidding....

    The difference this time is that if Marty were to change history in that way, then the DeLorian would never have had to go to 1986, and Marty would never have gone to the past. But if the future changes like that while Marty is still in the past, it would do something where a 1986 would be created that should have a Marty who never went into the past, but it can't be created because Marty is still actually in the past. I'm not sure if that makes sense but it's damn hard to explain lol.

  • @Rade88 said: The difference this time is that if Marty were to change history in that way, then the DeLorian would never have had to go to 1986, and Marty would never have gone to the past. But if the future changes like that while Marty is still in the past, it would do something where a 1986 would be created that should have a Marty who never went into the past, but it can't be created because Marty is still actually in the past. I'm not sure if that makes sense but it's damn hard to explain lol.

    That's a paradox that's all over the place in BttF2 and 3, it doesn't seem to do much harm to the time travellers, but Doc still wants to have caution, just in case.

  • i have to think about this.

    but still, it should be possible, cause the delorean, marty and so on are from different timelines then and in the "old" timelines they wouldnt exist after travelling back anymore (but who cares...) and so on...

    damn, THIINK BRAIN!! THINK!!!

  • @Farlander said: That's a paradox that's all over the place in BttF2 and 3, it doesn't seem to do much harm to the time travellers, but Doc still wants to have caution, just in case.

    I suppose that's true. If you think about it, in the new alternate 1985 from BttF2, Doc and Marty would probably have never gone back in time, or even have created the DeLorian, meaning the events that led to Biff receiving the Almanac would never have happened. However I think that's explained by the fact that it's like an alternate reality that exists on it's own outside of the regular reality, and only people from the regular reality would know about it.

    So you would think that if in the game, Marty did change events so that he would never have had to go back in time, it would simply have created an alternate 1986 that, when Marty returned to it, would just be the same as when he left it basically, and Doc would have returned home in the DeLorian. Marty would still remember the events, and the DeLorian would still have come to get him before, because that was in the regular reality, and he would now be in an alternate reality.

  • @Ghost Rider LSOV said: I think Biff was unconcious from the amplifier at that point.
    Not sure about George.

    He was, but when you go to Edna's, you see Biff at the video store.

  • And remember Biff saw the flying Delorean so...

Add Comment