User Avatar Image

How I screwed up Culture Shock

posted by Zoinker on - last edited - Viewed by 314 users

I recently bought Sam and Max season 1 and, wanting to be clever, decided to activate the Demo of Culture Shock I had downloaded but never bought using the code I got for the entire season instead of downloading it again. It worked and I finished the episode in one sitting while downloading the rest of the series. For some reason, I then decided to reinstall Culture Shock using the download I got from the Season purchase but that's where I ran into a problem. Whenever I start the episode, I get the following error:

The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. Select Yes to enter a new key, or No to revert to the default setting (if any).

I can still play the game by clicking no and then clicking "I've already purchased this" thingy and typing in my order number, but once I turn on the computer after shutting it down the error reappears.

This problem only appears with episode one, which is the only one I've reinstalled, not to mention with two different installers. I would appreciate some help, even if the whole thing is my own damn fault. Anyway, thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment