User Avatar Image

Free episode not available before Febuary

posted by Strayth on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

22872358.png

So hum, will there at least be a demo, to know if our PC can run the game or not before ordering a full season ? (If we don't want to wait 2 months before playing it ...)

BTW the cover of the game looks incredible.

461 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LordRiker said: Its a demo to encourage people to purchase the full season, its amazing how much children are on these forums they dont understand simple economics. Back to the future probably came out before alot of these Fanboys were born.

Actually Back to the future came out when I was 1 year old but that's besides the point. Again.. it is still free and Telltale never stated when you will be able to play it. The 2nd episode will probably come out just after this free episode will be made available, so you won't be behind any of us.. you just have to wait a little bit longer.

• That's fine, but Telltale should have said this from the start - I feel ripped off now. I probably would have actually purchased Episode 1 anyway; I've lost all interest in doing so now.

Telltale, please don't pull stunts like this. You'll lose customers.

• I doubt it was universal, the pre order sales were probably very poor so some genius in Marketing said lets pull a bait and switch tactic, since its free no one can sue us for it, and it could convince some people to buy the series rather then wait.

And people here are just proving what im saying, just because some people bought the game does NOT entitle them to lord over other people, and say BS like "we paid for it so it should be exclusive to us". Those are the fanboys, not all the people who preordered, just people who think Telltale can do no wrong and no one should complain.

It is all fishy plain and simple, all indications was everyone would get the free episode on release, yeah they didnt promise but that was what the offer implied, this came in later and very under the radar, and heck most people like myself never even got the email about February. Fanboys may not like it, but people have a right to be upset about things like this.

• I heard about getting for free via a code from Screwattack.com's Hard News, they even had a link to the site and everything, so, I figured, okay

So, if I blame anyone for this, it's DailyDestin for not mentioning this on Hard News when he mentioned the free episode

• @Mewsdragonball said: I heard about getting for free via a code from Screwattack.com's Hard News, they even had a link to the site and everything, so, I figured, okay

So, if I blame anyone for this, it's DailyDestin for not mentioning this on Hard News when he mentioned the free episode

It's not their fault, Telltale didn't tell ANYONE about it :/ ...

Anyway, Falanca, I know it's gonna sounds super cliché and old, but waiting for the second episode to be around is NOT a bad idea.

Episode I is obviously the worst out of the 5, and it has the worst cliffhanger (while episode 2 3 and 4 have somewhat of a conclusion, episode 1 feels incomplete, and its conclusion will be in episode 2 ... so it's kinda lame)

• @Strayth said: It's not their fault, Telltale didn't tell ANYONE about it :/ ...

Anyway, Falanca, I know it's gonna sounds super cliché and old, but waiting for the second episode to be around is NOT a bad idea.

Episode I is obviously the worst out of the 5, and it has the worst cliffhanger (while episode 2 3 and 4 have somewhat of a conclusion, episode 1 feels incomplete, and its conclusion will be in episode 2 ... so it's kinda lame)

Um...

I just bought the season and finished the first episode.

...Damn marketing.

• I just got an email to download the first episode free from tell tale. Looks like people who got the first episode free are able to get it now.

• @bpc908 said: I just got an email to download the first episode free from tell tale. Looks like people who got the first episode free are able to get it now.

This doesn't make sense...

I got the free episode, but it's still not downloadable from my account. But I STILL got this email. o_O

I'm downloading it right now, but I doubt it'll work...

• @Foxhack said: This doesn't make sense...

I got the free episode, but it's still not downloadable from my account. But I STILL got this email. o_O

Christmas Present from Telltale?

• @Foxhack said: This doesn't make sense...

I downloaded it and it does not work.

Add Comment