User Avatar Image

Back to the Future crashes on my Mac

posted by evanbiddulph on - last edited - Viewed by 443 users

Everything seems to work well, but then when I click on "Play Now" the screen disappears and it exits out of Back to the Future.

Any help/suggestions?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i know what you mean ... the only thing im getting in is the menu ... if i click NEW GAME, then it crashes and goes right up back to Windows ...

im on WIN XP PC ... any help? ...

• The game also totally crashes on my Macbook Pro late 2010. i5. Everytime I press Play Now. The music starts and then everything crashes. The music skips. and loops a fragment of it. The screen goes black and nothing happens except for the annoying skipping music. Nothing works. Not even the Caps Lock button. I have to force shut down my computer to get anywhere.

But yesterday I was able to play it for a little while. And sometimes I get to the menu even. But the second I press the continue button. Darkness comes and get me end my dear macbook.

I sent a mail to the telltale support. They told me to download the newest version that they just posted. Didn´t work though.

Is there any way to check if there is something wrong with the graphics card on Macbook Pro?

• I don't even get a play now button. I get the initial game screen, and it's managed to load the news feed, but it doesn't have any episodes listed or anything in the main content area aside from Marty and the Delorian. I'd like to play it, I really would, but there's nothing to do.

OS X SnowL

• Yep, same for me :(

I start the game, hit the 'Play' button and the app immediately crashes.
    MacBook Pro late 2008, OSX 10.6.5.

I was really looking forward to playing this game...

• Crashing as soon as I click "PLAY", iMac Core2Duo with nVidia GeForce 8800GS, 10.6.5, 4GB RAM

• Same as above! (same spec mac too)

Please help!

• Same here. Click Play, Crash.

This is what I get if I start it from the terminal:

Mac_Game(43828,0xb0514000) malloc: *** error for object 0x3bbe970: pointer being freed was not allocated
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

• I was having the same problem. I took the advice of another poster and removed the spaces from the file name and it worked for me. I shortened the file name to "BackToTheFuture101" and it works fine.

• @thuygia said: The game also totally crashes on my Macbook Pro late 2010. i5. Everytime I press Play Now. The music starts and then everything crashes. The music skips. and loops a fragment of it. The screen goes black and nothing happens except for the annoying skipping music. Nothing works. Not even the Caps Lock button. I have to force shut down my computer to get anywhere.

But yesterday I was able to play it for a little while. And sometimes I get to the menu even. But the second I press the continue button. Darkness comes and get me end my dear macbook.

I sent a mail to the telltale support. They told me to download the newest version that they just posted. Didn´t work though.

Is there any way to check if there is something wrong with the graphics card on Macbook Pro?

You are not alone on this issue - late 2010 core i7 15 inch here... same symptoms.

• and then someone say its my fault dont be so angry @ telltale i am sorry i am so dissapointed from this publisher that it was my last game from telltale game if u even dont use stretch test for the game i am sorry that u guys go down with your company a friend of mine would buy it i did not rather to buy it because i click and then i see the fluxcompensator thats all i did see for my 17€
    its on Win7 so i think its major problem from this game that it crash and where someone of u guys i did see no sorry nothing that whe will fix it only people crying like me and someguys who try to help us.......

sorry if i am such a angry-nerd but this must be said and thats the point.

Add Comment